We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reykjavik Rent a Car

Vernon, BC
1 post
Save Topic
Reykjavik Rent a Car

We, a group of 18, rented two Hyundai Starex H1 vans from Reykjavik Rent a Car for the Golden Circle Tour and a trip around Iceland. When we had a flat in Reykjavik late on our first day, Reykjavik Rent a Car provided excellent service to enable us to continue our trip without delay. Pickup and drop off at our hostels was very convenient. We later rented a vehicle for one day and again, the service was excellent. We recommend Reykjavik Rent a Car to fellow travelers. Edie Leier, Vernon, BC, Canada

Mentioned in this post
Reykjavik
Reykjavik
Capital Region, Iceland
Golden Circle Day Tours
Golden Circle Day Tours
546 Reviews
Mosfellsbaer, Iceland
Iceland
Iceland
Europe
77 replies to this topic
Mountain View...
Level Contributor
799 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reykjavik Rent a Car

Yes, Reykjavík Rent A Car is a very good company, and they have my best recommendation.

Florida
Level Contributor
461 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reykjavik Rent a Car

They will have my business when we go late next year. Another thread had many travelers that raved about their customer service.

M B
Grenoble, France
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Reykjavik Rent a Car

In July, we rent a 4WD Suzuki Jimny from Reykjavik rent-a-car and were really happy with the experience!

They gave us a Grand Vitara (older model) instead... old car but more room for our luggages :-)

We found them to give excellent customer service (pickup at 3am at the airport, free GPS for minor problem with the car, etc.)

Good pricing too.

Highly recommended!

Mentioned in this post
Reykjavik
Reykjavik
Capital Region, Iceland
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reykjavik Rent a Car

I used them as well and they get my highest recommendation.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reykjavik Rent a Car

We used Geysir and were very happy with them. They offered the best price at the time by far.

ktown

Mentioned in this post
Geysir
Geysir
South Region, Iceland
Kidderminster...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reykjavik Rent a Car

This car rental company is OUTSTANDING. They reply to emails within hours, answer the phone and go that extra mile to give a personal service when your requirements are a little beyond the norm. AND they are very, very good value.

I usually hate dealing with car rental companies - these are the good guys in the business. No hidden extras and a really nice person who answers your call and knows your name.

Claire Carter

Sydney
Level Contributor
192 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reykjavik Rent a Car

I've used Reykjavik Rent a Car twice already and will be doing so again this year. Highly recommended.

Mentioned in this post
Reykjavik
Reykjavik
Capital Region, Iceland
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Reykjavik Rent a Car

After good experiences with service and support, during our first Iceland trip in 2010, we rented this year again a 4-wheel drive car from Reykjavik Rent a Car for our Iceland round trip via route 1 from 6 till 20 April. We got an excellent car which was delivered and picked up from our hotel. Reykjavik Rent a Car was again a great contribution to our excellent holiday on Iceland. Highly recommended.

Nico Vriend

Edam - NL

Mentioned in this post
Iceland
Iceland
Europe
Reykjavik
Reykjavik
Capital Region, Iceland
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reykjavik Rent a Car

They are a really great company! Again, VERY highly recommended!

Neustadt an der...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Reykjavik Rent a Car

We had really 4 good days exploring a part of Iceland with a car from Reykjavik rent a car. The car, a the Suzuki Grand Vitara, was in a perfect estate. The booking from Germany was very easy, if I had questions before coming to Iceland I got a reply within an hour and the delivery of the car to our hotel was very punctual, even on a Sunday morning.

Coming back to Iceland I will surely chose the same company again.

Mentioned in this post
Iceland
Iceland
Europe
Reykjavik
Reykjavik
Capital Region, Iceland
Germany
Germany
Europe
Reply to: Reykjavik Rent a Car
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted