We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glacier Car Rentals are much less expensive than other quote

SLC
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Glacier Car Rentals are much less expensive than other quote

Has anyone had experience with this company?? Was it positive or negative?

Thanks.

Golden Circle Classic Day Trip from...
2,137 Reviews
$71 per adult
Free Cancellation
Southern Iceland Glaciers, Waterfalls...
558 Reviews
$90 per adult
Free Cancellation
Golden Circle, Kerid Volcanic Crater...
213 Reviews
$155 per adult
Free Cancellation
New York City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Glacier Car Rentals are much less expensive than other quote

Hi,

I am planning to rent a car from them on my trip to iceland next week. Did you rent your car from them? How was your experience?

Thanks,

Vishal.

1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Glacier Car Rentals are much less expensive than other quote

I recently rented a car from them they had a good selection and reasonably priced. They made pick up and drop off very easy. I would definitely suggest renting from this company

Edited: 12:49 am, July 28, 2012
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Glacier Car Rentals are much less expensive than other quote

I'm renting from Glacier for my 2 week trip in September. They were quick to reply to my emails and are very friendly. I also thought they had a good selection and good prices. I'll be sure to post a review after my trip!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Glacier Car Rentals are much less expensive than other quote

Hi, Slush132, how was your experience with Glacier Car Rental?

Northamptonshire...
Level Contributor
16 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Glacier Car Rentals are much less expensive than other quote

I used Glacier when I last went, they were very good, but I found them to be comparatively expensive this time round.

I've managed to get a really good price with holidayautos.com this time

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Glacier Car Rentals are much less expensive than other quote

We just returned from Iceland, where we rented a Nissan Micra from Glacier car rentals. Everything went very smoothly. The email communications before we arrived were answered very promptly; Hallfreður (a.k.a. 'Freddy') dropped the car off at the apartment we rented and picked it up at the end of the ten-day rental period; and the car itself was clean and ran perfectly. It wasn't brand new, but it was fairly new and everything worked just as well as if it were brand new.

We hadn't dinged it up but, from what I've read in the forum about problems with the big rental companies, I had the impression that they would be much more relaxed about little things than some of the big agencies might have been.

We rented the Nissan Micra because it was the smallest car they offered with automatic transmission. It was very comfortable and handled well.

So, all in all, we had a great experience with Glacier!

Mentioned in this post
Iceland
Iceland
Europe
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Glacier Car Rentals are much less expensive than other quote

We rented a Jimny from Glacier in late October. They delivered right on time to our apartment in downtown Reykjavik and arrived on time at the airport to meet us at the end of our trip, painless and stress-free. The vehicle itself was fine - it was clean and ran perfectly, the guy who dropped off the car was really friendly, told us everything we needed to know about the vehicle and driving in Iceland. We had no problems and I think they offer really good value for money. On some of the road we were really glad we had hired a 4x4!

Mentioned in this post
Downtown Reykjavik Apartments
Downtown Reykjavik...
306 Reviews
Reykjavik, Iceland
Iceland
Iceland
Europe
Reykjavik, Iceland
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Glacier Car Rentals are much less expensive than other quote

I can highly recommend this company when renting a car or a 4x4 in Iceland

They have been here since 2009 with good service, new cars and cheap price.

This is their webpage www.glaciercarrental.is

Mentioned in this post
Iceland
Iceland
Europe
Frankfurt, Germany
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Glacier Car Rentals are much less expensive than other quote

We rented from them during Christmas & New Year and i can highly recommend Glacier car rental. Everything went smooth and the Jeep Wrangler we rented was fantastic.

All emails conversation was prompt and deliver was right on time. The people there where very friendly and helpful. They offered us free GPS with the rental as well :)

Great service, good cars.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Glacier Car Rentals are much less expensive than other quote

It is true that I got a good price from Glacier car rental but the car was 12 year old and had 160 000km. The brakes where those of a 12 year old car and I did not feel completely safe which is not a nice feeling when you spend your time on untravelled roads.