We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Highly recommend tour.is for self drive tour

Washington D.C.
Level Contributor
52 posts
62 reviews
Highly recommend tour.is for self drive tour

We are a couple in our 30's; we used tour.is (www.tour.is) to organize a 9 day trip around the ring road in late May/early June; Ingi was our contact. We decided to visit Iceland at the last minute and Ingi litterally planned it with only two weeks notice. He was always very prompt when replying to all of my e-mails, which I really appreciated. The prices were competitive & there was a great selection of self-drive itineraries.

The itinerary was well-organized, the hotels (a mix of hotels and farm holidays guest houses) were great and the suggestions for activities and sights were perfect. Numerous road maps were provided, including a big road atlas and a large map with our personal route highlighted and the location of our hotels circled. We needed an automatic transmission car and while other companies said that might not be possible, Ingi was able to find one.

I have to admit that I did not do a whole lot of research into tour companies since we had such a last minute trip, but we really lucked out with tour.is. In summary, we had a wonderful time & would use tour.is again without hesitation.

Rockaway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
82 reviews
1. Re: Highly recommend tour.is for self drive tour

Thanks for your post. My husband and I will be doing a self-drive on our next trip to Iceland and were thinking of using Icelandic Farm Holidays but it's nice to know we have two good choices now.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
2. Re: Highly recommend tour.is for self drive tour

I have recently returned from Iceland, doing a self-drive tour organised by tour.is. I also found the booking process easy, with quick replies, and the car hire and documentation was excellent. When I first considered booking a holiday, I was unsure of which companies to consider. To anyone who is seeking information about booking a holiday, I could also recommend Touris.

3. Re: Highly recommend tour.is for self drive tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 14, 2011