We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wow Air - Has anyone been separated from their children?

sugharpy
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Wow Air - Has anyone been separated from their children?

We are flying Wow air soon and are seeing mixed results on if we should do seat selection ahead of time or not. Some say, DO so you are for sure seated together and others say DON'T BOTHER because seat selection isn't honored often enough. We are two parents, two children, don't mind if we're split up two and two or three and one. We understand the rules of Wow and understand what a budget airline is and isn't. We just don't want a child left alone.

I am really not seeing any reports of children separated from parents on Wow elsewhere, just wanted to ask here just in case I'm missing something.

6 replies to this topic
Canada
Level Contributor
10,565 posts
81 reviews
1. Re: Wow Air - Has anyone been separated from their children?

Children can be separated from their parents on many airlines if you do not prebook your seats. Sometimes FA have to go up and down the aisle looking for people willing to change seats. Do you want to be put into that position? Book the seats ahead of time for peace of mind alone.

Boston...
Level Contributor
23,590 posts
747 reviews
2. Re: Wow Air - Has anyone been separated from their children?

We've read a few times of kids being separated from their parents. Usually you can "negotiate" with nearby passengers to sit together but it's not a sure thing.

If you pay for seat selection you get seat selection.

sugharpy
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
3. Re: Wow Air - Has anyone been separated from their children?

Thank you. I had planned to do seat selection but have had many voices say it's not honored often enough or at least, not honored consistently.

sugharpy
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
4. Re: Wow Air - Has anyone been separated from their children?

Thank you. We had planned to select seats, yet had plenty of voices and reviews that said prebooking seats weren't honored enough or consistently. It made me wonder if it mattered at all.

I mean, YES, peace of mind and a child next a parent is the goal. But that's why I'm asking.

Boston...
Level Contributor
23,590 posts
747 reviews
5. Re: Wow Air - Has anyone been separated from their children?

I haven't heard of folks paying for seat selection and not getting it. You might want to post on the Air Travel forum here for more info on the airline

sugharpy
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
6. Re: Wow Air - Has anyone been separated from their children?

Thank you, Northern. I will do that as well. I'm glad to hear you're seeing seat selection being honored.

Reply to: Wow Air - Has anyone been separated from their children?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted