We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel headache

nottingham
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Topic
hotel headache

dear all,

I have a headache from trying to choose a hotel to stay in Reykjavik!! Do I go for a 4 star hotel slightly out of the city (Nordica) or do I go for a more central hotel like the CentreHotel Klopp or Hotel Reykjavik. Or, as a cost saving exercise, the Fosshotel Baron.

I like nice decor in hotels and will be there for 2 nights with my husband (both 30) and we will have a car ...already will have been sightseeing in the country for the previous few days, so the Reykjavik will be city based (and whalewatching)...also like eating out and being near some life!

HELP!!

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
400 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel headache

Stay central!

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,911 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel headache

The restaurant at Nordica is superb. But, its not central. It does have good views and a good spa, which few other hotels can boast.

I've heard good thing about the fosshotel, so maybe thats a good option. Reykjavik is small. Nowhere is that far from the centre.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel headache

I just got back from my second trip to Iceland and I passed by Klopp..it looked really nice from the outside and is in a really good location. I'd give it a go. Nordica is nice but who wants to take a cab?

4. Re: hotel headache

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, August 29, 2009