We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turku - Hiking

Gdansk
3 posts
Save Topic
Turku - Hiking

Hi all,

probably I'll go to to Turku (end August - begining September) and I would like to know something about hiking in mountains in this area.

Are there any mountains nearby Turku good for this staff ( I want to be tired doing that ;))

I must say that I don't like sightseeing.

Any ideas?

Thank you all for any help!

Turku Castle
Castles, History Museums
Turku Cathedral
Historic Sites, Educational sites, Sacred & Religious Sites
Aboa Vetus & Ars Nova
Art Museums, Ancient Ruins, Historic Sites, Specialty Museums
Finland
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Turku - Hiking

Hi there!

There are no mountains around in Turku area! Turku is a very maritime city with a great archipelago on it's coast. (Actually there are three archipelagos along the ship route between Stockholm and Turku (also called Åbo in Swedish): the Turku archipelago, Åland archipelago and Stockholm archipelago. On the land side the landscape is very flat agricultural land and provided great hiking possibilities (like upstream along the Aura river) - but nothing that even remotely resembles mountains!

If you want to hike up and down hills and mountains in Finland then Lapland is your destination!

Edited: 3:08 pm, July 08, 2010
Kaarina, Finland
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turku - Hiking

Hi,

no mountains but otherwise nice hiking options nearby can be found at www.turku.fi/Public/default.aspx…

3. Re: Turku - Hiking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 17, 2011