We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seinajoki (Tampere) from Turku?

Novi Sad
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Seinajoki (Tampere) from Turku?

I must go to Seinajoki (via Tampere) 01.07. after 9 o clokck. Is the train the best solution? Should I bought tickets on-line or I can bought it in the station one houre before departure. Is it the same price? Is returned tickets cheaper?

Thanks in advanced,

Ljilja

Pietarsaari, Finland
Level Contributor
97 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seinajoki (Tampere) from Turku?

You can buy the tickets either online or at the station. The price is the same. The price will vary depending on if your train is an intercity train or a pendolino train. Pendolino trains cost a few euros more than intercity trains.

There is a pendolino train at 9.05 which will arrive in Seinäjoki at 12.04, you have to change trains in Tampere.

Jyvaskyla, Finland
Level Contributor
82 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seinajoki (Tampere) from Turku?

The train ticket can be bought online in link below:

service.vr.fi/ticket/index.jsp…

Actually if you buy a ticket at ticket machine in Tampere station, then you get 0,50 euro discount.

Novi Sad
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Seinajoki (Tampere) from Turku?

Thank you. I find departure from Turku satama, I think satama is harbour, so when I enter train at harbour it is direct train to Tampere?

Pietarsaari, Finland
Level Contributor
97 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seinajoki (Tampere) from Turku?

Yes, satama is the harbour. So you can get on the train there and that's a direct train to Tampere.

The train leaves at 8.36 from the harbour and gets to Seinäjoki at 12.04.

Have a nice trip!

Novi Sad
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Seinajoki (Tampere) from Turku?

Thanks!!!!!!!

6. Re: Seinajoki (Tampere) from Turku?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, December 23, 2009