We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Viking line port in Turku to Turku station

Which Turku hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Novi Sad
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Topic
From Viking line port in Turku to Turku station

How I can get to Turku train station from Turku Viking line port?

Thanks in advanced,

Ljilja

Pietarsaari, Finland
Level Contributor
97 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Viking line port in Turku to Turku station

There are trains from the harbour to the station when the ferrys have arrived. The trains will then continue either to Tampere or Helsinki.

Novi Sad
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: From Viking line port in Turku to Turku station

Thanks a lot. Does it mean that I can enter train in harbour and with the same train go to Tampere?

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
7,651 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Viking line port in Turku to Turku station

That's right. The trip takes a little under two hours.

You can check timetables here: http://www.vr.fi/eng/

Novi Sad
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: From Viking line port in Turku to Turku station

I am going to buy on-line train tickets but these tickets are with no seat reservation. Is seat reservation nesesary in Finland's train? How much is seat reservation?

Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
5,027 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Viking line port in Turku to Turku station

"I am going to buy on-line train tickets but these tickets are with no seat reservation. Is seat reservation nesesary in Finland's train? How much is seat reservation?"

The online tickets will include a seat reservation if the train you select has seats that can be reserved. You will only see the total price on the web page, can't actually buy a ticket without a seat reservation. Most if not all tickets to long distance trains will include a reserved seat.

6. Re: From Viking line port in Turku to Turku station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, December 23, 2009