We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Searching for Santa in Ruka Lapland

stourbridge, wm
2 posts
Save Topic
Searching for Santa in Ruka Lapland

I am travelling to Ruka with my wife & children between 03/12/06 to 10/12/06.

I would like to book a search for Santa trip and wondered whether anyone could send me details of any companies who operate such excursions. I have heard of excursions where you go in search of Santa’s secret cabin, catching glimpses of elves scurrying behind trees, and eventually deep into the forest, you meet the man himself; can anyone help?

Thanks in anticipation.

Borga (Porvoo...
Level Contributor
81 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Searching for Santa in Ruka Lapland

Stick with your original headline there and search for Santa in Ruka/Kuusamo. You will most likely be offered trips to the "real" Santa homestead in Rovaniemi 200 kms away, but most people find especially the Santapark establishment there commersialised and disappointing (search Rovaniemi, Santa's village or Santapark here on Tripadvisor and you'll see).

There must certainly be some Santa Claus figure available for your kids in Ruka at that time. If not, take them out into the blue Lappish night, snow and moonlight, and if you're lucky see northern lights in the sky and let them imagine that Santa is out there somewhere beyond the fjells. I think that's the greatest magic of all.