We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helsinki to St Petersburg using Scandi Classic Tours

Which Helsinki hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Helsinki to St Petersburg using Scandi Classic Tours

Hi - My husband and I are planning a trip to Helsinki in September and would like to take the 5-day Scandi cruise/tour from Helsinki to St Petersburg. I can't find reviews or other 3rd party information about Scandi and they don't have a US office. Does anyone have any advice on this or any other similar tour?

Destin, Florida
Level Contributor
12 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Helsinki to St Petersburg using Scandi Classic Tours

We are taking the same trip in May and also having a difficult time locating information about the cruise other that the advertisement. If I find any info I will post, please do the same

Destin, Florida
Level Contributor
12 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Helsinki to St Petersburg using Scandi Classic Tours

In my searching I found a couple who did the one day trip and had a great time, friendly people, safe and lots to do. I think Scandi Classics is fine I contacted them many times by email and they responded to all my questions, they have offices in St. Petersburg and Finland. Make sure and have all your papers and do as the Cruise Line says. I have not read a bad review yet. Get in Line early to avoid the wait, buy tickets to the attractions in advance to avoid lines, we are using a tour guide from, toursbylocals.com, suggest you check them out.

Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Helsinki to St Petersburg using Scandi Classic Tours

Thanks so much for the info. I think were going to go ahead and book. If I find out anything further, I will post.

JO

Destin, Florida
Level Contributor
12 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Helsinki to St Petersburg using Scandi Classic Tours

I will do the same, Have fun and be safe.

5. Re: Helsinki to St Petersburg using Scandi Classic Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 pm, April 10, 2014
Washington DC...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Helsinki to St Petersburg using Scandi Classic Tours

I am also looking at this tour for July. For the person going in May will you report back about the Visa process and if there were any difficulties.

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Helsinki to St Petersburg using Scandi Classic Tours

We visited St.Petersburg in in the end of Oct 13 with The St.Peter Line cruise (M/S Maria). i loved it! Please don't expect luxury staterooms, but the tiny ones were clean and ok for these two nights we spent on board. The buffet was good and had enough variety.

In St.Petersburg we had an all-day-tour starting and ending at the port and as we had only this one day in St.Petersburg we actually saw only the most important spots.

We had our tour with Ferry Know How, which is the general agent for St.Peter Line in Germany (Berlin).

We are planning a next trip with them but this time choose the cruise with 2 nights in St.Petersburg.

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Helsinki to St Petersburg using Scandi Classic Tours

Did all your paperwork look ok. We travel next month and our 'tickets' look more like a confirmation than tickets. No voucher for hotel in St Petetsburg or hotel in Helsinki . Just a line on an a4 paper saying reservation made? Did it all work for you??

Destin, Florida
Level Contributor
12 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Helsinki to St Petersburg using Scandi Classic Tours

Scandi Classic Tours is very legit, I was somewhat unsure myself but everything was fine. We did the 72 hour Visa free package they booked us on the St. Peter Line cruise ferry the princess Maria, I STRONGLY RECOMEND you book a class A Cabin for two outside room with window. Unless you want to be in a room with strangers and no window, spring for the extra cost. The ship is large and Ok for a cruise ferry, most speak English. They booked us in the Hotel Dynasty and it was a nice Hotel by Europe standards. Unless you are a gluten for punishment do not take your luggage to St. Petersburg, There are Large Lockers in the cruise terminal, you can put two large suite cases in a locker, pack a back pack or a very small roller bag, the tour bus will let you off at St, Isaac's square and you walk to your Hotel ( part of the Visa Free rules ) The hotel is not easy to find because of the Russian Alphabet so ask for or get a good map. its at the five corners so find it before you start walking. Facebook for more info.

Destin, Florida
Level Contributor
12 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Helsinki to St Petersburg using Scandi Classic Tours

No Problems, See my post in this thread regarding trip, all went well, just read my post.