We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry travel with luggage

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Ferry travel with luggage

Hi, this might seem like a silly question.

Where does one store their luggage on a ferry?

It will be my 1st time taking a ferry for travel with luggage. I’ll be leaving Helsinki for Tallinn in September. I haven’t yet chosen the company I’ll be using but I noticed there’s a lot of information on TA. I’ve taken the ferry just for a tour while in Split, Croatia. I had to go up a narrow staircase. I didn’t notice an entrance for those with luggage.

Thank you for your help

Finland Local Guides
Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, City Tours
Royal Line
Sightseeing Tours
Helsinki Segway Tour
City Tours, Segway Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry travel with luggage

The ferries are used, well, basically, getting tonloads of booze from Tallinn to Helsinki, so there are ramps, escalators etc., no steep staircases at all when you are boarding the ship. The ferries have elevators and staircases. They usually have lockable storage boxes on ship, as well as cabins with beds, showers etc. It's common that people just sit somewhere with their luggage (mostly beer trolleys).

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry travel with luggage

Thanks Mrs_MM77! I really wasn't sure what to expect.

3. Re: Ferry travel with luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 01, 2015