We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to eat in helsinki

Which Helsinki hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
townsville
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
where to eat in helsinki

we are Australians visiting Finland as part of a work trip - we are visiting the sako factory and doing some hunting as part of our organised activities - my question is where to eat in Helsinki - I notice Chez Dominique has closed...other recommendations would be appreciated...we are foodies and it is our wedding anniversary whilst there...im not overly familiar with winter Finnish cuisine but we will eat anything really... open budget, traveling with my husband...

also suggestions for tourist spots to visit on our free days please

regards

M

Helsinki
Destination Expert
for Helsinki
Level Contributor
2,119 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to eat in helsinki

www.visithelsinki.fi/en/stay-and-enjoy/eat

http://eat.fi/en/helsinki

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i19176-Getting_…

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
1,894 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: where to eat in helsinki

There are different kinds of listings, but maybe these will help you choose, they are in Finnish, but lists are pretty easy to read:

http://www.suomenparhaatravintolat.fi/

www.viisitahtea.fi/parhaat-ravintolat.html

Based on the opinions of my friends, I would go for Luomo, Postres or, if Asian is ok, Farang.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to eat in helsinki

The best restaurant we experienced during our visit to Helsinki in July was Pure Bistro: tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g189934-d325…

Relaxed, informal, "urban-chic" ambiance, innovative cuisine based on local ingredients, we could tell that the chefs were having fun, in short, my kind of restaurant. Very central location on the Market Square.

Another good one is Nokka, on the north side of Katajanokka, superb food and service, but slightly more business-oriented, formal and expensive.

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
35 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to eat in helsinki

I recently celebrated a special ocassion at A21 Dining and really enjoyed it. It's modern Finnish cuisine - think mushrooms, berries, reindeer. The 5 or 7 course "Walk in the Forest" menu is fun, especially when each course is matched with a cocktail (A21 is well known for its cocktails).

5. Re: where to eat in helsinki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 28, 2014