We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laundry in Helsinki

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
137 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Laundry in Helsinki

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a laundry place near the Radisson SAS Plaza? My wife and I will be there on tour and was wondering if there is one close by. We know nothing about Helsinki so detailed directions will be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Finland
Level Contributor
174 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laundry in Helsinki

Hi,

I have heard there are very few self service laundry places in Helsinki.

These two

1) Rooperin itsepalvelupesula

2) Kallion Palvelu- ja Itsepalvelupesula

seem to be the closes to to Radisson SAS Plaza and they are in fact far away ... both of them.

I suggest you call Helsinki tourist office and double check this with them.

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
137 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laundry in Helsinki

Thank you for your answer synnove. After I posted the question here, I have since heard there are not many self laundry places like you said! I guess I'll have to wait.

Pasadena, California
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laundry in Helsinki

Your hotel may have a laundry service BUT before you think about using it, bet sure to get a price list. We were quite shocked at the price for such service at a hotel a few weeks ago . . . thought it would be about the same as at other European locations (just wash-and-dry, not any dry cleaning or special services) but it was many times more!

Helsinki
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Laundry in Helsinki

My wife and I live quite close to the Radisson SAS. We too are looking for a coin operated laundry. Regular laundry is very expensive - 4 Euro for shirts and that too done very shabbily and read this again - 12.60 euros for a trouser and 18 euros for a suit. It is unbelievable and the quality of the work quite poor.

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
355 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Laundry in Helsinki

Most Finns have washing machines in their homes and/or one for the residet's use in the apartment building where they live.

That's the reason why there aren't many laundry shops in Helsinki/Finland and prices are high, hotels of course charge even more.

Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
5,198 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Laundry in Helsinki

...and very few chinese immgrants to do the washing here ;)

I've ran into self service laundry in many ski resort hotels. And last time I saw a laundry room in JW Marriott. Maybe worth asking if Radisson has self service laudry.

Bratislava, Slovakia
Level Contributor
20 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Laundry in Helsinki

Hei!

I have found this site. Could anyone confirm if I have understood it right that these are laundry facilities? Would that be cleaners or laundromat (self-service) type of facilities?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Bratislava, Slovakia
Level Contributor
20 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Laundry in Helsinki

Sorry, for some reason, the link was not copied...

This is the site:

www.paikalliset.info/…

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
686 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Laundry in Helsinki

I found this comparison of self-service places, only in Finnish unfortunately.

http://www.city.fi/artikkeli/Pyykkivuoret++veks/1448/

Bratislava, Slovakia
Level Contributor
20 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Laundry in Helsinki

Thank you very much! It seems that most of those are in Toolo or Kallio, but we will manage somehow. Thanks once again!