We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Take bus 615 from Helsinki airport to city with big luggages

Which Helsinki hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Beijing, China
7 posts
Save Topic
Take bus 615 from Helsinki airport to city with big luggages

We family is going to visit Helsinki in next week. Browsing the forum, I find many persons recommended bus 615 for transportion between airport and city. Since we big family gourp (5 persons) has several big luggages, is it suitable to take the bus? Is there enough place to accomodate our luggages on bus?

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,854 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Take bus 615 from Helsinki airport to city with big luggages

Yes, but you'll have to carry them onto the bus yourself (without help from the driver). On the Finnair City Bus the bigger luggage is transported in the luggage hold under the bus.

Edited: 10:37 pm, July 28, 2013
Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
4,849 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Take bus 615 from Helsinki airport to city with big luggages

There's a storage area inside the bus for luggage. I've carried skies and XL Samsonites on these buses with no problems. The bus leaves just outside the terminals so at that end there are no problems, the biggest issue is to have the luggage transported from the bus to your final destination.

Beijing, China
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Take bus 615 from Helsinki airport to city with big luggages

Thanks for your informative reply. We plan to buy 3-day public transportation tickets. Bus seems good choice.

Helsinki
Destination Expert
for Helsinki
Level Contributor
2,088 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Take bus 615 from Helsinki airport to city with big luggages

The bus can be very crowded at the times the airport is busy, like Sunaday afternoons. Then it's maybe worth to wait for the next one so that you can load your stuff among the first to the next one. Note, that this is ok only of you are going all the way to the Railway station. Otherwise your stuff will be buried under the others' luggage.

Or maybe this is just a very FInnish point of view :D

Beijing, China
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Take bus 615 from Helsinki airport to city with big luggages

Great. Our hotel is located not far from the bus stop of Hakanniemen. We can make it. Thanks a lot.

Beijing, China
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Take bus 615 from Helsinki airport to city with big luggages

oops......I never think about it......Monday afternoon might not be the busy time?.

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
7,507 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Take bus 615 from Helsinki airport to city with big luggages

Note that the 615 does not stop in Hakaniemi on the way to the airport. On your way back, take the 620.

Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
4,849 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Take bus 615 from Helsinki airport to city with big luggages

"Note that the 615 does not stop in Hakaniemi on the way to the airport."

False, it does stop in Hakaniemi to pick up passengers.

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,854 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Take bus 615 from Helsinki airport to city with big luggages

Since when it does not stop in Hakaniemi? I took the bus 615 to the airport 2 weeks ago and then it did stop there. According to the hsl.fi buses 615 and 620 both stop at Hakaniemi (stop #2401) on their way to the airport. On the way to the airport the driver won't let people off the bus 615 before Vantaa and on the way to town won't take new passenger onboard in Helsinki (i.e. internal Helsinki journeys are not allowed on that bus).

Edited: 5:50 am, July 29, 2013
Helsinki
Destination Expert
for Helsinki
Level Contributor
2,088 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Take bus 615 from Helsinki airport to city with big luggages

I second zam on this: The bus stops say: "Linjalla 615 Helsingin sisäiset matkat eivät ole mahdollisia".

A month ago, there was a scene, when a man wanted to get off on Mäkelänkatu and the driver wouldn't stop (at first).

I guess Mon afternoon is at least less crowded that Fri or Sunday, when I was on the move last time.