We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

helsinki 7am to 5 pm

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
helsinki 7am to 5 pm

I will be in helsinki on a cruise ship 2nd august.dock in hernessari quay LHC.How do I get to kauppatori Market area by public transport from the harbour? I have 10 hours max in helsinki.what is the most efficient way to use my time using public transport?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,687 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: helsinki 7am to 5 pm

If you plan to use public transport, it is useful to get a day ticket valid in Helsinki (the cheapest one) hsl.fi/EN/…default.aspx

The simplest routing to Kauppatori is taking the tram 1A from the stop at the intersection of Telakkakatu and Pursimiehenkatu. The trip would last less than 20 minutes and the tram runs every 13 minutes at that time of the day.

www.reittiopas.fi/en/…

If the weather is good, just walking to Kauppatori roughly following the waterfront will provide you with a nice view to the sea and an opportunity to see the many nice old buildings in that area. It would be about a 4 km walk

For things to see look at the Helsinki forum sections Top Questions "Helsinki in a day" and Helskinki Trip Ideas "Day trips: Urban Exploration".

If the weather is nice, I myself would start by taking the walk to Kauppatori, having there morning coffee in one one the tent cafes.

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,870 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: helsinki 7am to 5 pm

You can also take the bus #14 from Hernesaari to Kamppi and walk from there to the railway station, market place, Esplanade etc. You can also change to the tram 3T in Kamppi. There are a lot of threads about Helsinki for one day cruise visitors in this forum, just browse back, use the search function and check the "Helsinki in one day" in the top questions box on Helsinki forum page.

3. Re: helsinki 7am to 5 pm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 am, July 23, 2013
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: helsinki 7am to 5 pm

thanks for the replies zam 72 and the goodsoil family. I have noted the advice and use them to good effect.

5. Re: helsinki 7am to 5 pm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 26, 2014