We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helsinki Midsummer + Silja Line to Stockholm

Ann Arbor
10 posts
Save Topic
Helsinki Midsummer + Silja Line to Stockholm

My 15 year old daughter and myself are on a heritage tour to Sweden and Finland. I worked in Finland 30 years ago (IAESTE) and remember how lovely Helsinki was Midsummer Friday. We will be arriving Friday June 25 by boat and will be in Helsinki for the day. Is it possible to see Seurasaari in 2 hours. How much time should we budget to get there and back to the boat dock? Also does anyone know if the Silja LIne Boat will be really wild Friday night? My boss took me to some beautiful public garden plots in Helsinki,

but I have no clue where they were. Any information would be helpful. Thankyou!

Burlington...
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Helsinki Midsummer + Silja Line to Stockholm

Just got back from a trip that included a round-trip on the Silja Serenade between Helsinki and Stockholm. We had wanted to stay in the less expensive cabins below the car deck, but they were sold out.

In the end, we were glad we paid more for a Silja class cabin on Deck Eight because the lower decks were very noisy - no big problems but we went down to check it out and found a lively scene. Lots of teenagers running about, shouting, slamming doors. (We probably wouldn't have minded that too much, ordinarily, but we were both sick with head colds and craving some rest.)

We did notice that the trip out on Sunday was a bit more rowdy than the trip back on Monday.

In any event, we had a great time and the scenery was spectacular, especially the islands around Stockholm as we arrived and departed.

Finland
Level Contributor
174 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Helsinki Midsummer + Silja Line to Stockholm

jafrogg,

teenagers' summer vacation began on last Saturday. Perhaps that explains the crowds of celebrating teenagers on Silja Line.

Burlington...
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Helsinki Midsummer + Silja Line to Stockholm

That might be it. In any event, they weren't offensive. Just high-spirited!

Ann Arbor
10 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Helsinki Midsummer + Silja Line to Stockholm

Thankyou for the boat information. At least my daughter will get to see a wild time before we hit all the grey brigade at Kviknes Hotel on the Fjords. Neil, if you see us on the boat, be sure to stop and say hello. My daughter usually wears some type of women's hockey sweatshirt and probably would be really good at BlackJack. I

look like I would be at home on a porch chair at Kvicknes. We will recheck our cabin location.

Ann Arbor
10 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Helsinki Midsummer + Silja Line to Stockholm

Thankyou for the boat information. At least my daughter will get to see a wild time before we hit all the grey brigade at Kviknes Hotel on the Fjords. Neil, if you see us on the boat, be sure to stop and say hello. My daughter usually wears some type of women's hockey sweatshirt and probably would be really good at BlackJack. I

look like I would be at home on a porch chair at Kvicknes. We will recheck our cabin location.

16. Re: Helsinki Midsummer + Silja Line to Stockholm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, August 16, 2009