We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Help :)

Haemeenlinna...
Level Contributor
92 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Need Help :)

Hi there:)

I Really need to know some few information about how things go.

I have a multiple Entry Schengen Visa and Now I am in Poland but I want to go to Finland to visit a friend of mine for a while.

1-The things is that, I would like to know which is the best way to travel from Poland to Finland, By air? Or Coach( Warsaw==)Tallin)+ Ferries (Tallin))))Helsinki)

2-I would also like to know about the passport check control I know that They check Foreign passports when travelling in the Eu Area BUT ?

Do they need to stamp my passport for example if I travel from Warsaw to Helsinki By air? Or Not really, they will only check it and the visa thing.

3-I would like to know the same thing If I go by ferries, Will they stamp my passport If I decide to take a ferry from Tallin To helsinki?

thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Poland
Poland
Europe
Finland
Finland
Europe
Warsaw
Warsaw
Mazovia Province, Poland
Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
5,958 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Help :)

As long as you are inside Schengen area no one is interested in your passport or visa, no matter what transportation method you use.

Edited: 2:39 pm, December 30, 2012
Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Help :)

There are no passport controls at all between the Schengen treaty countries, no matter which means of transportation you use. Flying could be the cheapest and defenitely the the fastest means of transport. Buses (Eurolines etc.) can be cheap but painstakingly slow.

Jarvenpaa, Finland
Level Contributor
121 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Help :)

Defenitely use air, it takes forever with buses and ferrys.

Staright Finnair flight from warsaw to helsinki is 200€.

AirBaltic flight with one change is 120€, change time is a bit over 3 hours. Plane leaves from warsaw 10.40 and you will be in helsinki 15.00, times are all locals. I didnt confirm this from google, but i think Poland is GMT+1 and Finland GMT+2

Mentioned in this post
Poland
Poland
Europe
Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
8,743 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Help :)

Don't even think about ferries and buses. You'll save time and money by flying.

Depending on where you are in Poland, you might find http://wizzair.com/en-GB/Search useful. They have very cheap flights from Gdansk to Turku, which is a couple of hours from Helsinki by bus.

Mentioned in this post
Poland
Poland
Europe
5. Re: Need Help :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, January 05, 2014