We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scandinavia in early april

Which Helsinki hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
jaipur
Level Contributor
34 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Scandinavia in early april

We plan to visit Scandinavia at the end of first week of April?

is the time right or should it be postponed?

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
7,492 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scandinavia in early april

Right for what? Coming from Jaipur, you will find Finland cold any time of year. April is spring but still chilly - you can expect frozen lakes and sea ice, and some snow, although the weather is warming up fast. If you prepare for it right (mainly by having the right clothing) you will find it quite an adventure.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scandinavia in early april

If possible, try postpone your visit as late in spring as possible, I have lived in warm climates all my life and it takes some time to get used to the climate in Finland. Myself, I am permanently cold here, even in summer time.

Prepare with warm clothing, windproof jacket, and good shoes.

3. Re: Scandinavia in early april

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, September 02, 2013