We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Linda Line

Which Helsinki hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
27 posts
257 reviews
Save Topic
Linda Line

I think the Linda line service is good and that it is a very good option to get to Helsinki in 90 minutes. No luxury but good service

Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
5,094 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Linda Line

It's an OK connection, but very vulnerable to weather conditions. The small, fast vessels stay ashore when the waves are big. This time of the year it happens regularly. Linda's cancellation policy and 'customer care' date from the Sovjet times.

Linda is a good option during the summer, in the autumn avoid booking ahead.

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Linda Line

Problems are not unusual with Linda's lightweight, ageing craft, and a good experience with this operator does not invalidate other travellers' justified complaints. Linda provides a good service in reasonable weather and when no mechanical troubles occur. It is sensible to use this service with caution.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Linda Line

My complaint, and most of the others it seems, is not about luxury or a lack of pampering. It's about a lack of transport without a good reason. If that's "trivial in nature", what to you would be a non-trivial complaint? A shipwreck maybe?

birmingham uk
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Linda Line

Grsurfer, I am pleased your experience was good, mine was not. I would not regard my complaint as trivial, the crossing was cancelled without adequate notice, and I suspect for no better reason than not enough passengers, no help at all was offered with finding an alternative crossing which was worrying as we had our flight home early the next day. No refund of our ticket was available but it arrive a couple of weeks later. It also cost us an extra 50euro. If it runs it's fine but it's not reliable and you will be left high and dry.

Avoid.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Linda Line

My 5 friends and I booked with Linda Line for Sunday 30th March. After walking in the snow/ice for over an hour dragging the suitcases trying to find the hiding terminal, we found the office closed. We were told that their season had not yet started. But we had already booked and paid in advance on their website. Now we have been refunded, but not the full amount due to the currency fluctuation. We have asked them to reimburse the exact amount we paid, but they haven´t even bothered to reply. Really bad experience.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Linda Line

My 5 friends and I booked with Linda Line for Sunday 30th March. After walking in the snow/ice for over an hour dragging the suitcases trying to find the hiding terminal, we found the office closed. We were told that their season had not yet started. But we had already booked and paid in advance on their website. Now we have been refunded, but not the full amount due to the currency fluctuation. We have asked them to reimburse the exact amount we paid, but they haven´t even bothered to reply. Really bad experience.

Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
5,094 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Linda Line

"After walking in the snow/ice for over an hour dragging the suitcases trying to find the hiding terminal,"

Hey get real, Makasiiniterminaali has the best location in Helsinki, just next to the Market Place. Anyone in Helsinki can direct you to the Market Place in case you get lost.

But the ugly truth is that Linda Line is an Estonian company where the 60 odd years of Sovjet regime still have a strong influence on their so called customer service. Linda is a good option if you know in advance that the weather is OK and that it's not very low season. Booking tickets in the last minute is adviced.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Linda Line

We walked in the snow/ice in Tallinn, not Helsinki!

19. Re: Linda Line

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, April 25, 2014