We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helsinki Card

Which Helsinki hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Helsinki Card

We will be in Helsinki for 4 days. I am thinking of buying a Helsinki card. Would it be possible to do Suomenlina and The Audio Sightseeing on the same day to maximise the card? Also apart from Uspenski, the markets, Rock church and sights in town am wondering if there are any day trips worth doing that wont take more than 6 hours , including travelling time.

Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
4,849 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Helsinki Card

What's the point with Helsinki card if you are just doing the audio tour?

If you are a museum freak, the card may pay itself, but otherwise I find the card more or less pointless.

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
7,507 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Helsinki Card

A Helsinki city transport card is the cheap way to get around. hsl.fi/EN/…17daytickets.aspx

You need to do a lot of museums to make the Helsinki Card pay for itself. Most of what makes Suomenlinna special is not in the museums, and the city museums are free.

Massachusetts, USA
Level Contributor
8 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Helsinki Card

This is very helpful information. I was wondering if the Helsinki card was worth it and had pretty much decided we'd have to do a LOT of traveling to justify the price. And thanks for mentioning the city transport card.

Helsinki seems like it will be a very walkable city, and other than the trip into the city from the airport and back, and possibly a ferry trip to Suomenlinna and back, we could almost get by with single-ride tickets . . . ?

HK
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Helsinki Card

Thank you for your information. I will go to Helsinki tomorrow and think that day pass for public transport is enough since most of the museums do not open on monday.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
491 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Helsinki Card

Are the days calculated from midnight or for 24 hours from activation?

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
7,507 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Helsinki Card

24 hours.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Helsinki Card

I'm going to hijack the thread.

My trip is August 3-12 with 3 days in Helsinki. How long before the trip should I buy the 72-hour Helsinki Card online? Where do I pick it up in Helsinki? That wasn't really clear to me. Thanks.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
491 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Helsinki Card

I don't think you buy it on-line. The site lists a number off aces to buy it in Helsinki.

Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
4,849 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Helsinki Card

Forget the Helsinki card. Look www.hsl.fi for public transportation tickets.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Helsinki Card

I have just been there and back. We found the tram very handy around the city. Its 2.20 Euros and valid for 1 hour hop on and off. So even if you did 4 trips , it still is cheaper than buying a card.To go to Suomenlina we took the ferry. If you want to go to Seurassari or Espoo there are buses and single trip fares would make more sense. Frankly we found most of the free sights like churches and the markets were most enjoyable.Didnt really enjoy Suomenlina much although boat ride was good.