We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gala hotels site

Which Helsinki hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Penrith, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
gala hotels site

has anyone used this site ? I have found a deal here that seems to be good to be true.....

NY
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: gala hotels site

DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE !!!!!!

They just take the money, no service returned.

If you paid already by your credit card use the "chargeback" option with your bank.

Helsinki
Destination Expert
for Helsinki
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: gala hotels site

And regarding confusingly different posts: Personally I ignore positive posts from first timers. Just MHO.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
926 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: gala hotels site

I decided to experiment with gala.com after my curious mind would not rest. (at my own risk of course).

I made a booking for one night at a Hotel in Florence, Italy, where I will be attending a fair in June.

Two days later I cancelled the booking.

I immediately got a mail advising I would get a refund within 21 business days.

My refund came through prior to 21 days.

I will still not use them, but this entire debacle fascinates me. Their name pops up for almost every hotel imaginable.

I did query as to their rates and they replied with a very detailed explanation as to how their business works.

Agree re the positives from one time posters.

County Galway...
Level Contributor
7 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: gala hotels site

I have used Gala.com a number of times. All the bookings went fine and the hotels were excellent. The price offered by Gala was the best I could find. I stayed in Manchester, Nice and Prague with them.

However, I did have a problem with two bookings that I had to cancel - both for different reasons. Their site says free cancellation up to about a week before arrival. This is true. The problem with Gala is getting the refund paid back to your account (in my case Credit Card acc).

In the first case the cancellation was made on 13 February 2013 - amount owed: €256.20. After 2 phone calls and numerous emails my account was finally credited with the amount owed on 29 March - a full 33 working days delay.

In the second case the cancellation was made on 9 April 2013 and I received the refund of €118.72 on 3 July - 62 working days delay! . They say - and I quote "Refunds are being made between 5-21 working days."

I rest my case.

John

1 post
Save Reply
15. Re: gala hotels site

Don't do it

16. Re: gala hotels site

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 pm, April 10, 2014
Helsinki
Level Contributor
436 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: gala hotels site

This thread is started more than three years ago. . .

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
7,589 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: gala hotels site

Benny is a spammer. You know what to do!

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: gala hotels site

Hi

I have made a booking with yourselves and the hotel have not had any payment or reservation details from Gala hotels. I have tried contacting you by phone and email and no response. I fly on Monday and beginning to get very anxious. Please contact me regarding this.

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
1,894 posts
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: gala hotels site

Colleen: you posted on a discussion forum. No one here is affiliated with Gala Hotels.