We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Klaus K hotel or Palace Hotel Linna in April/May

London, UK
Level Contributor
58 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Klaus K hotel or Palace Hotel Linna in April/May

I will be visiting Helsinki with my girlfriend for the Vappu weekend (28 April-1 May) this year. I am considering staying at the new Klaus K hotel or the refurbished Palace Hotel Linna.

I wanted to check with anyone who has stayed at these hotels what they thought about them in terms price/value? Were the rooms quiet? What were the amenities (sauna, spa etc.) like, and would you stay at the hotel again? Any other points you would like to make about the hotel?

We like modern design hotels and would welcome any suggestions or recommendations. Many thanks in advance. I look forward to your replies.

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
140 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Klaus K hotel or Palace Hotel Linna in April/May

Because you like modern deign hotels, I would definitely recommend Klaus K, because Linna is old castle...

London, UK
Level Contributor
58 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Klaus K hotel or Palace Hotel Linna in April/May

Mariia, thanks for your reply. Maybe I should clarify my question. With modern design I meant contemporary/recently refurbished. I believe the Palace Hotel Linna is an old castle on the outside, but I understand the rooms are all furnished in a modern design is this correct?

In fact, the castle structure of the Hotel Linna is one of its attractions, but just wanted to find out whether it still has an "old" feeling inside or whether the design inside is modern and "funky".

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
218 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Klaus K hotel or Palace Hotel Linna in April/May

The Klaus k has become a 'lifestyles hotel' meaning rooms equipped with small kitchens and other nice amenities. It is run by americans too.

Finland
Level Contributor
2 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Klaus K hotel or Palace Hotel Linna in April/May

I'd definitely stay in Linna! Of all Helsinki-hotels it is a pearl and one of my favourites!

Quiet location just few blocks from everything.

In normal rooms there is no sauna, I don't know about suites etc?

I've also stayed at Hotel Klaus Kurki (now future Klaus K) and in my opinion it is just a "normal" chain hotel. Unfortunately I cannot say anything about Klaus K yet :)

Switzerland
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Klaus K hotel or Palace Hotel Linna in April/May

Both Linna and Klaus K are very good options and you can��t go wrong with either of them. Linna is a successful combination of historic and beautiful Finnish Jugend style design and modern interiors. Klaus K is a totally new hotel and a first desing hotel in Helsinki. It��s location is excellent, right in the city centre. Also, the interior design uses themes from Kalevala, a national epic of the F��nns. A very interesting concept and top notch design. If you intend to use the spa facilities, I would choose Klaus K.