We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What To See

Which Helsinki hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
What To See

I've been told that Finland has a maudlin quality making it unsuitable as a holiday destination??

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What To See

What an odd comment to make. Sounds like somebody has taken their Kaurismäki films very seriously indeed.

As to what to see, I would suggest browsing through the forums first, since there are plenty of general suggestions in previous posts for various trip lengths and times of the year.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What To See

Hi Tompsa,

This post was aimed more at UK readers. We have a comedy sketch show called 'Little Britain' and Helsinki was mentioned in the following. See what you make of it....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OO1DnP61QP4

Busselton, Australia
Level Contributor
70 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What To See

I had 5 days in helsinki a week or so ago, it was awesome. Saw my first game of ice hockey. We managed to get seats right on the glass and really enjoyed it. Go Karpat!

London, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What To See

Helsinki has actually been recommended as a great city break destination in quite a few magazines in the UK this year.

There are great hotels and restaurants in Helsinki and trendy shopping as well. Helsinki is a beautiful little city, well worth a visit.

5. Re: What To See

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, September 12, 2009