We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport help needed!

Which Helsinki hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Blackburn
7 posts
Save Topic
Public transport help needed!

Hi,

I might be coming to Helsinki in a couple of weeks time as my team, Blackburn Rovers, are playing MyPa 47 on Aug 16th. The game is in Anjalakoski, which I believe is approximately 60 miles from Helsinki.

Can you get a bus from Helsinki to Anjalakoski and do they run unil late in the evening? I have looked into train times and the last train back to Helsinki is quite early (about 8pm) !

The kick off time hasn't been announced yet but I'm presuming it will be in the evening.

Any help much appreciated.

Duncan.

helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
148 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transport help needed!

Look into train service to Kouvola. From there it is 20km. to Anjalankoski. Most certain there would be a night train from Kouvola and or bus from Anjalankoski. Anjalankoski is a small town. Also Elimäki is nearby and they too may have bus service. Kouvola is where you want to base yourself. If you can't find a direct connection to Anjalankoski.

Blackburn
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transport help needed!

Thanks for the information finnmann!

Duncan.

Borga (Porvoo...
Level Contributor
81 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transport help needed!

Agree with Finnmann. Base yourself in Kouvola, unless the game is being played early afternoon. MyPa is based in Myllykoski, which is even a bit closer to Kouvola, 14 kms to go vs. the Anjalankoski municipality a bit further away.

Bus and railway stations in Kouvola are under the same roof in Matkakeskus (travel center).

You may also find accomodation locally in Myllykoski (last time I was there it was upstairs in a pub) or Anjalankoski (medium-standard hotel). Maybe somebody some locals in here can advise what's current this summer.

Finland
Level Contributor
273 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public transport help needed!

The kick off will be 7pm, at least that's what it says in MyPa home page.

Blackburn
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Public transport help needed!

Cheers Andelins and Tummi, I'll bear that information in mind.

Can you get a bus from Kouvola to the MyPa stadium, or would it be better to get a taxi? How long would it take to get there?

Thanks,

Duncan.

Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
4,849 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Public transport help needed!

Hi,

I'd contact the local MyPa guys first and ask if they have something in mind for you. If they have had visitors before, they may have some already proven alternatives.

It may be a good idea to stay in Kouvola insted of Helsinki for the night.

Tampere
Level Contributor
508 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Public transport help needed!

There are good bus connections from Kouvola to Myllykoski (Anjalankoski). See the schedules:

http://www.matkahuolto.fi/en/

The last bus back seems to leave at 21:15 so you may not catch that one. But as the distance is only 14 km a taxi does not cost a fortune either.

From Helsinki airport take local bus to Tikkurila railway station. From there take train to Kouvola, see schedules:

http://www.vr.fi/heo/eng/index.html

Wish you have a good match!

Blackburn
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Public transport help needed!

Thanks for the help everybody,

The kick off is 5.55pm so it shouldn't be a problem to get back to Kouvola in time for the last train back to Helsinki, which is 9.25pm.

Might have been a problem if the kick off had been any later!!

There is a bus at 8.15pm from Myllykoski to Kouvola so I'll get that, or get a taxi.

Thanks,

Duncan.

9. Re: Public transport help needed!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 am, September 07, 2009