We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dajm

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
121 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Dajm

When I was in Helsinki we had Dajm - a kind of butterscotch and chocolate flan - in a coffee shop called "Wayne's Coffee". It was amazing. I have friends going to scandanavia in a couple of weeks and would like to make some for them before they go. Does anyone know how to make it?

Espoo, Finland
Level Contributor
15 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dajm

SunnyC,

as a fellow sufferer of the Dajm syndrome, here are some recipes I found online. Thank God I live here and can buy the stuff any day! :D

Recipe #1:

1 dl dark cocoa powder

1 dl milk (should have some fat so not skim milk)

3 dl sugar

½ dl syrup

100 g butter/margarine

Melt the butter in a kettle. Add all the other ingredients. Let simmer on low heat for 30 minutes but keep stirring the mixture all the time. Pour the mixture on a piece of baking paper. Allow to settle.

Recipe #2:

2 dl sugar

2 dl whipping cream

1 teasp. syrup

1 tablesp. melted butter

Mix everything together and make sure you mix properly all the way to the bottom of the kettle. When the mixture begins to resemble melted chocolate, put it on a pice of baking paper and put it into the freezer to settle.

Hope you get some relief from these!!!

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
121 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dajm

Thanks so much! That is fantastic. My only question is what does dl dtand for? Thanks again that is amazing to have.

Espoo, Finland
Level Contributor
15 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dajm

SunnyC,

dl stands for a desilitre/desiliter, so in American measurements slightly less than half a cup. A whole cup is about 2,5 desilitres.

Enjoy the sweets!

Tirpula

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
121 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dajm

thank you so much!

5. Re: Dajm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, September 05, 2009