We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Revontuli

Cambridge, England
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Revontuli

Does anyone know of this hotel please? Also is there a good ski school near to this hotel?

Many thanks

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
686 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Hotel Revontuli

--------------

Also do most of the x country ski trails that are outside the cabins have lighting?

Hadn't noticed lighting for the x trails but I'd be surprised if there were less than 2 x trails lit as Salla hosts world competitions.

-------------

I checked their Finnish website, and there are 37 kms of ski trails with lighting.

Exeter, New...
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Hotel Revontuli

Nettle that makes sense. Interesting enough, of the 20 Salla pictures I'm waiting to have posted the x trail pictures clearly show lamp post style lighting.

Guess I'm not very observant on walks.

Hopefully Salla pictures will come up by next week. I have video of snow shoe walk and pistes will post if any interest.

St Ives, United...
Level Contributor
4,159 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Hotel Revontuli

Thanks!

Digger I would be interested to see any pictures/videos that you can post.I enjoyed looking and watching them all from your visit last year to Iso syote.

Exeter, New...
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Hotel Revontuli

Thanks Bluny,

I know your interested in Lapland as a whole. I'll post video also, should all be on next week albeit in stages.

St Ives, United...
Level Contributor
4,159 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Hotel Revontuli

Thanks digger for posting the pictures i can see clearly now just how close the x country ski tracks are to the hotel and cabins.

Now i have to ask out of salla and iso syote is there one that you preferred as a resort?also do they have many x country ski tracks in iso syote?

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
686 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Hotel Revontuli

You can see the X-country ski trail map here:

http://www.syote.fi/?Deptid=29179

About 20 km of the trails seem to have lighting, if my math is correct :)

Exeter, New...
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: Hotel Revontuli

I'd rate Iso Syote & Salla similar for really quiet locations and both have well run excursions.

I would recommend Salla's extensive & illuminated x country trails for x country skiers starting close to hotel and cabins. Most x country trails at Iso Syote were at the bottom of fell 20 minutes away from hotel and cabins, a drag lift could get you back up though.

Iso Syote is smallest, Iso Syote hotel has a free pool and a picturesque location situated right at the top of the fell with the benefit of skiing from the door which I prefer. However out of 10 there were only 2 slopes open out of school holiday time in January and these were only short runs, great for beginners not so much there for intermediates keen on skiing, more slopes opened at weekends for local fin skiing. The hotel has a good hot/cold breakfast & evening buffet and a nice relaxing seating area and further bar area. From my video you can see the ski slopes from the hotel. Iso Syote cabins are of the picturesque traditional log type with Sauna and situated near the top of the fell, a bracing 5 minute walk though to the hotel if your half board and a 20 minute walk down fell to reach mini market - or 4 euro taxi.

Hotel Revontuli has similar breakfast/evening buffet, evening buffet though not quite as good in my opinion. Only 2 minute walk to ski slopes with some 14 runs. 2 reds, 2 blues and 2 nice easier blacks were open end of season out of school holidays and were pleasurably longer than Iso Syote, enough there for intermediates. There is an excellent ski at shop bottom of slopes. Hotel Revontuli has the new luxury spa complex which was free before breakfast then 7/8 euros thereafter.

The older Salla cabins and newer hotel cottages have saunas, are wood slatted and good quality and 5 minute level walk to all amenities, hotel, restaurant, mini market and slopes.

I'd recommend both locations, I preferred Iso Syote hotel being more picturesque and comfortable. Salla has the edge though for intermediate skiers and easier access if staying in cabins.

Bluny/Eyoreisbest,

There are another 10 Salla picures currently waiting post approval showing a little more of Salla and I'll post video of Salla/slopes later in the week.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Hotel Revontuli

Digger Sussex - thanks for the first photos look forward to the others. Cabins look nice - especially all the snow piled outside.

Quick question - is there a place to sledge and sledges freely available as there were in Yllas?

Exeter, New...
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Reply
29. Re: Hotel Revontuli

Hi, cabins at Salla and Iso Syote usually have plastic sleds left outside the door, if staying at Iso Syote or Revontuli hotels then there are usually sleds lying round or for a few euros can be rented out for the week.

At Iso Syote we basically walked into the forest at the top of the fell and sled down a make shift run through the trees, you can catch this on my Iso Syote Trip Advisor videos. People at Salla sled the edge right hand side at the bottom of piste next to ski shop, no gondolas so its a walk back up but only 1- 5 minute walk from all cabins. It's not a designated sled run like the great 2.5km illuminated run with gondolas at Courchevel 1850, but lot of fun.

St Ives, United...
Level Contributor
4,159 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Hotel Revontuli

Thankyou nettle and digger:-)