We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

clothing for the plane

glasgow
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
clothing for the plane

Does anyone know how long it takes from leaving he plane to getting the thermal suits Thomsons provide?

Idon't know what to wear on the plane, Im unsure whether to go with all my thermal gear on, or if I will be fine just i my trousers, top and jacket?

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,870 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: clothing for the plane

Where are you going to? You'll be fine with normal clothes + a proper coat on. The journeys outside will only be few minutes long and the bus will be warm nevertheless. The gear will be given already at the airport, or in most cases for longer trips only at the resort. If you feel hesitant, then jus wear the thermals or put them on before landing (e.g. in the lavatory). Take also a hat and gloves.

Edited: 4:06 pm, October 08, 2013
glasgow
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: clothing for the plane

Thanks, we are staying at the crazy reindeer in Levi, so it should just be a short journey from the airport.

Leeds, England...
Level Contributor
23 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: clothing for the plane

Hi,

When we went to Levi earlier this year we just wore normal clothes on the plane without thermals. I wore my ski jacket which once on the plane which just went in the overhead storage, and I also had a good pair of walking boots on. I and packed the hats, gloves and scalves in the carry on luggage.. We were not outside very long at all, and never felt too cold and the journey into Levi was only about 10 minutes, but the coaches were lovely and warm, so you should be fine!

Leanne

4. Re: clothing for the plane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 10, 2014