We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
UK
Level Contributor
177 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
It's that time of year..Santa questions!

I may have left this a little late..however I'm looking for a short break with 2 adults and our 10 yr old daughter who is on the cusp of saying Santa is not real (boo hoo) so we are looking for the exciting experience with Santa in there at some point but focused more on snow, christmas etc.

I am already overwhelmed by the amount of info out there so can anyone tell me if you have booked for this year.

Have you been before

Would you go again if you've been previously

Is it worth it?

Thank you!

Helsinki
Destination Expert
for Helsinki
Level Contributor
2,517 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: It's that time of year..Santa questions!

While you wait for the replys, why not use the search function: the key word "santa trip" gives loads of older experiences. Most of the facts are still valid.

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,962 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: It's that time of year..Santa questions!

As Mrs Helsinki pointed out you'll find all the info in this forum by huts browsing back or using the search function. All you questions have already been answered here ;) . But if you're planning for a DIY, you should start arranging it soon to get the best available air fares and accommodation. From one of the previous threads I remember someone saying that their primary holiday option (through a British tour operator) was already booked out, so had to resort to the plan B.

And before you ask: most of the tour operators deliver more or less the same package in "different couloured wrapping", but check carefully what is included in the advertised price. And take a note that Transun has had more often problems with delivering the expected service and living up peoples' expectations than others. The sometimes cheaper price has its causes...

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: It's that time of year..Santa questions!

I went to Saariselke last Christmas with my fiancee and two kids. It's one of the farthest north locations in Lapland.

We went with Thomsons and although pricey (all are this time of year), it was worth every penny.

This is the trip we took thomson.co.uk/destinations/europe/finland/la…

Wish I was going again this year.....maybe next year.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: It's that time of year..Santa questions!

I went to Saariselke last Christmas with my fiancee and two kids. It's one of the farthest north locations in Lapland.

We went with Thomsons and although pricey (all are this time of year), it was worth every penny.

This is the trip we took thomson.co.uk/destinations/europe/finland/la…

Wish I was going again this year.....maybe next year.

5. Re: It's that time of year..Santa questions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 28, 2014