We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ADVICE: Gothenburg in February

Which Gothenburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridge, England
2 posts
Save Topic
ADVICE: Gothenburg in February

I've found cheap flights to Gothenburg in February: I've never been to Sweden but I've always badly wanted to visit Gothenburg.

I know it's going to be winter, freezing cold and dark! My question is whether it is still worth my while going, and if so how do I make sure that I get the most out of my trip?!

Any general tips on what to do in Gothenburg would be great. I was also wondering whether there is any way of making contacts or forging links with people living there as I will be travelling alone and it would be nice to meet people once I'm there...

Lincs, UK
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ADVICE: Gothenburg in February

Hi Julie

My wife and I visit Sweden on quite a regular basis - Love it :-)

Gothenburg is a great place even in Feb - It will be cold so wrap up well..

There are lots of things to see, we recently found the Haga District which is not far out of town off the Avenyn- beautiful old buliding Cafes etc and quaint shops, there are also lots of museums, be aware these are closed on Mondays :-)

I have attached a link to the tourism website in English for you, has a diary of events, maps etc which you should find useful.

www.goteborg.com/templates/Page.aspx?id=13602

Have a great trip :-) we are going back in December to the Xmas Market at Liseberg, really beautiful

Oh before I forget on the taxi front there are a few unscrupulous firms, I have a ttached a link to one of the reputable ones so you will recognise the livery on their cars :-)

http://www.taxigbg.se/desktop.aspx

Have a great and Safe trip

IzzyUK

2. Re: ADVICE: Gothenburg in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:56 am, October 16, 2006
Cambridge, England
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ADVICE: Gothenburg in February

Thanks for the great advice, Izzy! Will defintiey have a look!

glasgow
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ADVICE: Gothenburg in February

Gothenburg is a great destination at all times of year and I love it in the winter. The daylight hours are often bright and sunny and the cold is fine as long as you keep moving.

We stay in the Novotel down river at Klippan.The hotel is cheap for

family rooms and the restaurant and bar are pretty good .It looks out onto the river and the Alvsborg bridge and you can spend time quite happily watching the traffic up and down this busy river.Transport into city centre is easy and fun if you use the little ferries.

I usually go to Gothenburg at Christmas time to shop and visit Liseberg but this year it proved impossible so its off to Stockholm in February instead.

Enjoy! Shops are great!

Anglesey, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ADVICE: Gothenburg in February

The only big downside to Gothenburg is that you can no longer go there by sea. The last ferry service has hit the dust, [or should I say water]. If you want to take your car then y"ve had it. Oh dear.???

6. Re: ADVICE: Gothenburg in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, August 27, 2009