We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place for Kroppkakor in/near Gothenburg

Which Gothenburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver
Level Contributor
124 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Best place for Kroppkakor in/near Gothenburg

Hi there. When I was young, my Swedish neighbor would make what we then called "crump-crockers." Those Kroppkakor were incredible, and I've never had them since. So here I am. The food bar is so high in Gothenburg, I can't wait to taste them again. Any suggestions as to where? It's Thursday night here.

Lund, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Norrkoping
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place for Kroppkakor in/near Gothenburg

I'm sorry, I've really got no answer for you as I'm from the other side of the country, but generally speaking, Kroppkakor is a very regional dish to Swedes. The different regional varieties are mainly eaten in eastern southern Sweden (in Småland and on Öland) and in the northern parts of the country (most famous is Pitepalt from Piteå).

I have no clue where to start looking for it in Stockholm, I guess it might be as difficult in Gothenburg. (Fellow locals, are there any spots in Gothenburg or Stockholm where you can find it?)

Edited: 4:40 pm, March 27, 2014
Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
448 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place for Kroppkakor in/near Gothenburg

Sorry, just as augustekman says, kroppkakor is not a very common dish outside of Småland. They have them sometimes in grocery stores, but they need to be cooked before eating. Restaurant Smaka serves traditional Swedish food (like meetballs) and they have vegetarian kroppkakor with mushroom and Västerbotten cheese on their menu (on the english menu they're called "potato dumplings"). Call or e-mail them and ask if they could cook traditional kroppkakor for you?

http://www.smaka.se/

Telephone +46 31 132247

E-mail info@smaka.se

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
655 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place for Kroppkakor in/near Gothenburg

I might be wrong on this one, but if I recall correctly, IKEA will serve the dish as well. Otherwise, as stated above it is a regional dish form the Småland/Öland area.

EK

4. Re: Best place for Kroppkakor in/near Gothenburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 30, 2015