We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gothenburg to Oslo, BUS or Train

Varsity Lakes...
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Topic
Gothenburg to Oslo, BUS or Train

Sorry if this has been posted before, but could'nt find an answer in the search.

In Mid June two of us ( Australian in mid 50's), need to travel from Gothenberg to Olso. We are having trouble booking Minipris train tickets as they won't accept Aus Visa Cards. ( Did'nt know we were that dodgy.

The bus seems a lot cheaper as well.

Is there any benefit in taking the train, or are the buses OK?

Thanks for any help on this , Cheers, Andrew W

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,399 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gothenburg to Oslo, BUS or Train

Of course the buses are slightly less convenient, with less available space, but I wouldn´t mind using them ... I´ve only travelled on the Copenhagen - Gothenburg line by the same companies but the buses are of course modern and effective. Actually, you often get a more detailed impression of the surrounding scenery from the roads.

Edited: 3:16 am, March 06, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gothenburg to Oslo, BUS or Train

I would go for the bus option any day of the week!

Book tickets with www.bus4you.se (and choose a departure operated by them). Their buses are super comfortable + they offer free internet + power outlets. On top of that, it's really cheap.

Click the link bellow to check out the interior of their buses

carlericericsson.se/wp-content/gallery/bussb…

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,509 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gothenburg to Oslo, BUS or Train

You can book the Minipris-tickets by calling +47 23 62 00 00 (fee might apply). But they won't be for sale until mid-March (90 days in avance).

The train also offers free wi-fi.

Varsity Lakes...
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gothenburg to Oslo, BUS or Train

Thank you all for the suggestions. We are going to look at the bus.

This forum is very helpful and we are really looking forward to our trip.

We are getting good feelings about the friendliness of people in Sweden, Norway and Denmark

I hope I can be of some help to others wishing to visit Australia.

5. Re: Gothenburg to Oslo, BUS or Train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, March 08, 2014