We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise ship visit 27 December

Which Gothenburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lancashire
Level Contributor
21 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise ship visit 27 December

Hi

We are visiting Gothenburg by cruise ship on 27 December this year and will be in port from 9.30am until 6pm.

We're a family of 3 with a 13 year old daughter and have no idea what to do during our day in Gothenburg. Any suggestions are very welcome.

Thanks in advance

;-))

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
652 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise ship visit 27 December

Since it winter time (in Gothenburg = rain and +- 0 C) I would suggest Universeum since it indoors. Depending on interest there are a few museum also available.

EK

EDIT: And shopping ofcourse.

Edited: 8:56 am, September 10, 2012
Lancashire
Level Contributor
21 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise ship visit 27 December

Thanks EK!

;-)

Belgrade, Serbia
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise ship visit 27 December

Hi Erik,

Me and my boyfriend want to come to Gothenburg, so can you tell me what is the best month in a year to visiting your town?

When the weather is nice, without rain...if there is possible? :)

Maybe March, April? Spring time...or December, January...New year, Christmas...I believe its beautiful in that time.

Thank you very much.

Edited: 6:32 am, September 24, 2012
Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
597 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise ship visit 27 December

Christmastime is always nice but it's usually quite cold. I like this time of year (when it's not raining) but spring and summer is nice as well. I love visiting the Botanical garden in spring!

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
652 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruise ship visit 27 December

I would say as Ankix, come visit Gothenburg during spring time, late April early May... Christmas time in Gothenburg would equal the winter weather, rain and +- 0 C Although every now and then we have winter wonderland, a cold and snow covered Gothenburg is my absolute favorite.

EK

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
65 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cruise ship visit 27 December

We are also due in Gothenburg on 27th December - have read about the Christmas lights in Gothenburg and Christmas Market in Liseburg (sp???)

Will that all be closed and finished by 27th?

Thank you

Göteborg
Level Contributor
377 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cruise ship visit 27 December

Liseberg will be closed, but the lights in the streets will still be up.

Universeum is a nice place to visit, and there are many other museums, depending on what you are interested in. The shops will have sales. Perhaps it's a good idea to buy christmas decorations, so you can remember your visit next Christmas?

8. Re: Cruise ship visit 27 December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 10, 2013