We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gothia Cup

1 post
Save Topic
Gothia Cup

We are visiting Gothenberg for the C

up in July. We are Australian and don't know much about it. Does anyone have any helpful information?

malmoe, sweden
Level Contributor
115 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gothia Cup

Amongst the largest soccer tournements in the world. You can see numbers on the link above.

Gothenburg is Swedens second largest towns, with about 500.000 inhabitants. Situated by the sea, it should be great in July, when the weather is warm (about 25 degrees Celcius).

For the participating kids/youth, there are discos, concerts, amusement parks +++.

For the concerned parents and trainers, there are cold beers.

Redmond, Washington
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Gothia Cup

We'll be there too. Our 12 year old son playing on a team from the Northwest USA. He's playing with that team in the Dania cup first and then headed with the team over to Gothenburg for the Gothia cup.

He's staying with the team, not sure where, but my husband and I are going to fly over from Seattle on either the 13th or 14th, with plans to stay at Hotel Eggers as that's where many of the parents will stay.

If anyone has any information to share about Hotel Eggers, I'd love to hear it. I also have a backup reservation at the Radisson SAS - made that first but the team coordinator booked Hotel Eggers for those who want to stay there. And most of the team parent decided to go ahead and stay there.

No matter, we are excited and plan to have lots of fun. I haven't stepped on Scandinavian soil for years despite my Norwegian roots and can't wait to be surrounded by great people, great food, and Scandinavian hospitatilty.

Tacoma, WA
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Gothia Cup

We are going from the NW West too with our 13 year old daughter. It sounds like the same trip. Looking forward to meeting you. We are staying at the Hotel Eggers too.