We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying to Gothenburg

Which Gothenburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Flying to Gothenburg

I am planning a trip from the US to Gothenburg. It looks like we can fly to Gothenburg via Copenhagen or Stockholm. Does anyone have any opinions as to whether one option is better than the other? Thanks!

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
51 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying to Gothenburg

Copenhagen is closer. ;),pending waiting times. Flight time is abt 30 minutes vs 50 minutes.

Stenungsund
Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying to Gothenburg

From Copenhagen both trains and buses runs to Gothenburg. Öresundståg trains runs from a station in connection with the airport, about 4 hours to Gothenburg from there I think, maybe a bit less.

Stenungsund
Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying to Gothenburg

Sorry, I thought you were flying to Copenhagen or Sthlm and then going to Gothenburg, misunderstanding above

Edited: 8:40 pm, April 06, 2012
Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
655 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying to Gothenburg

I would say it doesn't really matter. It's all about the connivance of the connecting flight to Gothenburg for that day that might decide your choice of connection point.

I'm always connected through ARN when I travel for work to and from the USA by our corporate travel agency; I guess they aim for shortest connection times when they book my flights.

Also, if you go by taxi from GOT to the city, look for TAXI Göteborg or TAXI Kurir, they have fixed fares to the city, they can be pre-booked in advance.

EK

5. Re: Flying to Gothenburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, June 12, 2013