We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days in sweden --what to do?

Which Gothenburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
El Paso, Texas
3 posts
Save Topic
5 days in sweden --what to do?

We'll be in Gothenburg for a conference for three days -- should we spend whole trip there or go to stockholm for a couple days or any other recommendations? thanks!

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
603 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 days in sweden --what to do?

I think a few days in Stockholm might be a nice idea. Will you be flying in and out via Gothenburg or could you perhaps fly in via Gothenborg and out via Stockholm?

If you decide to stay in Gothenburg you might want to take a day or so to explore the west coast.

When will you be arriving?

El Paso, Texas
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 days in sweden --what to do?

I haven't made plane reservations yet -- have priced out both arrival into Stockholm and Gothenburg and is not much different so I wondered if we should arrive in Stockholm and fly or take train to Gothenburg. We arrive in early May. Thank you for the reply, I'll look into Stockholm. Would you recommend the train to get to Gothenburg?

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
603 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 days in sweden --what to do?

May is great month for visiting!

I think train might be a good way of getting to Gothenburg and you will get some sort of sense of the countryside. Make sure you book on x2000/SJ snabbtåg - it takes 3h and it's almost as quick as flying if you factor in transfer to and from the airport, waiting at the airport etc.

Goteborg, Sweden
Level Contributor
62 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 days in sweden --what to do?

The train company SJ are releasing cheap tickets 90 days before the day of travel, normally for around half price (around SEK 200 instead of around SEK 400). Book on their webpage www.sj.se.

There is a new company www.blataget.se (the webpage is unfortunately only in Swedish) which are running a connection with old-style trains. They take 4 hours instead of 3 hours with SJ's X2000. The e-mail adress is info@blataget.se. The price is SEK 700 if you buy the ticktes in advance.

Edited: 5:04 am, January 25, 2012
Göteborg
Level Contributor
390 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 days in sweden --what to do?

That's not the right webpage, Collberg!

I think you mean www.blataget.com The other one is a preschool...

Goteborg, Sweden
Level Contributor
62 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 5 days in sweden --what to do?

LOL, that's right. So, webpage: www.blataget.com, e-mail: info@blataget.com. Sorry about that.

7. Re: 5 days in sweden --what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, March 13, 2013