We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Organising a stag do in gothenberg in may

Which Gothenburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Organising a stag do in gothenberg in may

Hi I am sure this topic has been posted on here before but in my browsing I can only see a post from 2007.. And I assume things may have changed... If anyone could help with a point in the right direction on the following I would be most appreciative..

1) accommodation for a group of 10-20- because of the mixed monetary limitations of the parties somewhere good value is necessary- preferably with a lax attitude towards to drinking as by the sounds of things we may be having a few drinks in the hostel/ appartment before heading out?

2) activities to do in the day- go-carting/ mountain biking- something active ideally

3) somewhere to drink per night club that isn't going to cost us 100sek a beer (have been to Stockholm!) as will be nice to sit around having chilled out drinks without paying through the nose- is there an area which offers better value?

4) and finally is there a night club or area which is recommended for the evening where 10-20 of us will be able to get into- ages range from 28 -50 so shouldn't be rowdy- just need somewhere we can drink late and have a good laugh

Any help would be appreciated jc

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
598 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Organising a stag do in gothenberg in may

When are you planning on coming? Depending on the season you might have too chose between activites indoors or outdoors. Check out http://www.gokboet.se/ for some ideas. They offer all sorts of activites like painball, folkrace, go cart on water etc

They might be able to help you with accomodation as well. There is a Scandic nearby.

For better value regarding drinks etc skip Avenyn and head to Linnégatan or Långgatorna, the area around Järntorget.

Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Organising a stag do in gothenberg in may

Brilliant thank you very much! We will be arriving the last weekend in may- so I guess that will mean outside activities?

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
52 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Organising a stag do in gothenberg in may

Have only been to 2 bars which served fantastic beers (so many that it was insane!); google The old republik and The Rover. The Rover does great food too.

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
598 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Organising a stag do in gothenberg in may

I think you mean Ölrepubliken. Both are owned by the same people and are really good!

Holmfirth, United...
Level Contributor
355 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Organising a stag do in gothenberg in may

Just seen this I went with 7 male friends early 30s last August and stayed at the slottskogen hostel we got 2x4 bed bunked rooms it's out of the centre on the way to slottskogen park, but the tram network is easy to navigate and runs throughout the night It's aprox £7 for a 24 hr pass

Chilled hostel and we drank in the rooms before going out and stayed out till 4-5am both nights

It's a little out of the centre but we preferred the location and it's near the Linnegartn drinking area that was around £4 a half litre.. Never seen so many beautifull people, and it was friendly and we had no issues for drinking or getting into bars pubs

But we are respectfully if only a little loud

Out of all our trips into Europe Milan Munich Madrid Barcelona Prague Berlin Copenhagen

It was definately my favorite trip

Edited: 4:42 pm, March 16, 2012
6. Re: Organising a stag do in gothenberg in may

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:35 am, April 30, 2013