We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest way to get from Gothenburg to Halmstad?

Dublin, Ireland
2 posts
Save Topic
Cheapest way to get from Gothenburg to Halmstad?

Hello,

Haven't booked flights yet but friends and myself are thinking about going to Halmstad in Oct. The cheapest way we've managed to find flights is to go from Dub - London - Gothenburg and then get the train the rest of the way. Had a quick look at what I think is the national Swedish rail site and it's quoting a price of 548sek which is roughly 59 euro for a one way ticket. As far as I'm aware the journey is only just over an hour long. Surely this cannot be the cheapest way?!?! :(

Sweden
Level Contributor
86 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest way to get from Gothenburg to Halmstad?

No, that is not the chepest way.

When i search a random day in october (www.sj.se/start/startpage/index.form?l=en) I get a price of 182 SEK (1 adult one way) with Öresundståget (regional train, I think the price is fixed) and even less with SJ (price changes, normally cheapest 90 days prior to departure).

You can also go by bus (99 SEK one way) http://www.swebus.se/SwebusExpress_com/

Dublin, Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest way to get from Gothenburg to Halmstad?

Oh great thanks a mill! Will probably opt for the bus so! They depart at awkward times though, but I guess a bit of waiting around in exchange for a cheap price is okay by me! :)

Göteborg
Level Contributor
448 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapest way to get from Gothenburg to Halmstad?

But the waiting will be in central Gothenburg, so there's plenty to see and do, for one or more hours.

4. Re: Cheapest way to get from Gothenburg to Halmstad?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 am, October 17, 2012