We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gothenburg to Stockholm

Carlisle, PA
Level Contributor
97 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Gothenburg to Stockholm

My husband and I will be travelling in Sweden on our Volvo pick up-YEA!!!! My plan is to go from Gothenburg to Stockholm by way of orebro, then Gnesta to see the forest. After 3 nights in Stockholm, we'll travel back to Gothenburg via Linkoping. My questions....

Does this sound like a good plan? Spend a night in Linkoping or Grenna? And, with 3 nights in Gothenburg, what should we see and any restaurant suggestions? We'll be in Gothenburg for the the night, June 256. Is there someplace we should be for Midsummer? Unfortunately, we leave Saturday morning for Norway.

Thanks for your help!

New York
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gothenburg to Stockholm

Yes, Linköping and Gränna are nice places to visit. If you are going to Linköping I especially recommend the Linköping Cathedral and Gamla Linköping (The Old Town).

Another great suggestion is Bergs Slussar, The Berg locks, which is one of the greatest sights on the Göta Canal, attracting thousands of visitors each year. Nearby are restaurants and cafés, miniature golf, hostels, bike rentals, and swimming in Lake Roxen.This popular destination is just over 10 km north of the city, right next to the ruins of the Vreta Kloster convent.

If you are going to Gränna, you definitely have to try the red and white polkagris (literally "polka pig" in Swedish) stick candy, also known as peppermint rock.

I wish you the best!

Carlisle, PA
Level Contributor
97 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gothenburg to Stockholm

Thanks! I can't wait!

We will be in Gothenburg a total of 3 nights. Any suggestions for that time? And for the Friday night of midsummer?

3. Re: Gothenburg to Stockholm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 19, 2010