We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi From Airport to 411 19 Goteborg

Which Gothenburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
325 posts
Save Topic
Taxi From Airport to 411 19 Goteborg

Does anyone know who much it will cost me from the airport to this area 411 19 Goteborg? Should I take the train?

Please help.

Thanks

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
607 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi From Airport to 411 19 Goteborg

41119 is the area code for a very central part of Gothenburg.

The reputable companies (I myself travel only with Taxi Göteborg) have fixed fares to and from the airports (there are two, Landvetter and Gothenborg City/Säve).The price varies between depending on the company, 350-500 SEK i believe. Prebook a taxi if possible.

Here are som other threads with some good info regarding taxicompanies

tripadvisor.com/…10180741

tripadvisor.com/…13159905

Have a good trip!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
325 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi From Airport to 411 19 Goteborg

Is there a website I can visit or number to call to book in advance?

Do I need a visa to enter Sweden? Thanks.

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
607 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi From Airport to 411 19 Goteborg

I don't think you need a visa if you're just here for a short while.

Taxi Göteborg has a webpage for prebooking

www.taxigoteborg.se/desktop.aspx?desktop=198

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
325 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi From Airport to 411 19 Goteborg

Would it be cheaper if I take the bus from the airport to Central Station and then take a taxi from Central Station to the 41119 location? Puls, I will be travelling alone...maybe taking the bus to Central Station will be safer for me?

Thanks again.

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
607 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi From Airport to 411 19 Goteborg

Cheaper - probaby but if you take the bus to the centralstation you might as well continue with bus or tram to you location. I looks as if it's somewhere close to Järntorget.

Safer - I imagine it's just as safe taking a taxi (from a reputable firm) as taking the bus.

Quicker - taxi wins over public transport this time

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
325 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi From Airport to 411 19 Goteborg

It is near Surbrunnsgatan stop. Is it a safe area?

Do you know if there is a farmer market around?

Thanks again for your help.

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
607 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi From Airport to 411 19 Goteborg

Surbrunnsgatan is safe residential area with a very good thrift store open on Saturdays.

It's fairly close to Haga which has a farmes market on some weekends but it doesn't open until August 24.

There are usually stalls outside the big indoor foodmarket "Saluhallen" on Kungstorget both on weekdays and on Saturdays.

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
607 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi From Airport to 411 19 Goteborg

My mistake, Surbrunnsgatan is not Brunnsgatan. Surbrunnsgatan is in a mixed area, close to the harbour. Pretty safe in my opinion a slong as you don't wander around in the middle of the night.

My only word of advice is to stay away from the area around Fiskekyrkan (also spelled Feskekörka)/Rosenlundsgatan. It's perfectly safe during the day but after dark you might get solicited if you're female. It's more annoying than dangerous really.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
325 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi From Airport to 411 19 Goteborg

I will stay on Kungsgatan street. What train should I take to get to Central Station? And from Central Station to the airport?

Is there a shopping outlet around there?

Thanks again.

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
607 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi From Airport to 411 19 Goteborg

Depending on which end of Kungsgatan, it's only a 5-20 min walk to the central station. Kungsgatan is a long street with lots of different shops, no outlets though.

The only outlet in the area is Freeport, an outlet village outside of Kungsbacka (20 min by commutertrain from Gothenburg) It' s not very big but it's got one or two of good shops.

From the central station to the airport you take the airportbus "Flygbuss". Just be careful to get on the right bus since there are two airports.