We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Uppsala from Vasteras

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Uppsala from Vasteras

We're travelling from the UK to Uppsala in November - the Ryanair flight lands at Vasteras, which I understand to be an £80 taxi fare away.

Can anyone tell me if there's a shuttle bus, train or any other means of getting there? Is travel via Stokholm a better option?

We've considered car hire but the cost + parking, coupled with the fact the car hire companies are closed on Sunday when we return makes it less attractive. The possibility of snow also bothers me slightly as I understand there's a good possibility of heavy snowfalls in mid-November(?)

Can anyone offer advice?

Skutskar, Sweden
Level Contributor
2,480 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Uppsala from Vasteras

Take shuttle taxi to Västerås station, preebook at

cost 50SEK

And then bus no 773 or 774 direct to Uppsala, cost 120SEK

Pay with credit card on the bus. Travel time 80-90 minutes, Bus every hour at least.

Airport coach to Stockholm and train to Uppsala will take longer and cost more

Heavy snow in these areas in november is unususual but it might happen!

Edited: 1:43 pm, September 08, 2011
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Uppsala from Vasteras

Thanks Anders, that's a great help

3. Re: Getting to Uppsala from Vasteras

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, January 28, 2018
Get answers to your questions about Uppsala
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question