We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

long weekend to Nykoping- advice please

Bedford
1 post
Save Topic
long weekend to Nykoping- advice please

Me and my hubbie are due to travel to Sweden on 26th january for a long weekend. We are booked into a hotel in Nykoping for three nights. I know little about sweden and would appreciate some advice on how best to spend the time. We arrive about 6pm on the Friday and fly home again early morniong on the monday so we really only have the saturday and sunday as full days to explore. It would be good to see Stockholm and we were wondering whether we should hire a car or use the rail system (best views/cost etc). also wondered whether we should go to stockholm on the saturday or the sunday. ~would appreciate advice on these issues and any other suggestions you may have of what is a must see/do thing in either nykoping or stockholm (or anywhere in between!)

Sweden
Level Contributor
751 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: long weekend to Nykoping- advice please

Hi!

Train is fast, last train back at 21.50.

Nyköpig as a small town will have most attractions closed on sundays, so Stockholm for sunday would be my bet.

Tell us more about your intrests for more advice.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: long weekend to Nykoping- advice please

You can get the local train up to Stockholm - it takes an hour and is your cheapest option - should be about 150 SEK if you book it early enough (www.sj.se) per adult one way. I would also suggest going on the Sunday as things will be open in Stockholm but not in Nyköping.

Stockholm
Level Contributor
318 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: long weekend to Nykoping- advice please

I hope you don't mind me asking, but is there any reason for you staying in Nyköping? It doesn't strike me as the most exciting or convenient base for a trip here (unless you want to see a small town doze its way through the weekend). I would have suggested staying in Stockholm and wandering around the city on Sat & Sun. Otherwise, to answer your question about travel: Although car hire from Skavsta is quite handy, parking in the Stockholm city centre is both hard to find and will cost you a fortune. I would take the train, which takes just over an hour if things are running according to schedule. A return trip varies in price, but you should be able to one for about 250:-. If you want to book a car, you can get a weekend rental from e.g. Hertz for around 1000 SEK including unlimited mileage, airport fees and CDW.

4. Re: long weekend to Nykoping- advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, August 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Nykoping