We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

copenhagen/stockholm or prague/vienna

Which Stockholm hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
77 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
copenhagen/stockholm or prague/vienna

i would like any advice about going in june to these cities.between copenhagen/stockholm or prague/vienna which would be more pleasant to visit when it comes to travel and shopping?any feedback is appreciated.i'm going with my husband and 21 yr old daughter who will be graduating.this trip is our gift to her.

swansea
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: copenhagen/stockholm or prague/vienna

Hi im also 21 and have been to prague twice and i absolutly love it what a fantastic city, loads to do shops are not fantastic, im going to stockholm on the 9th of feb so will let you know whats its like when i get back,

Vaxjo, Sweden
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: copenhagen/stockholm or prague/vienna

Hi there!

I am from Stockholm myself and I have been lots of times to Copenhagen. You would find good shopping in both places.

Copenhagen is more relaxed and the atmosphere is brilliant, I love the city. Maybe the variety of clothes is better than Stockholm.

Stroget is the place to be in Copenhagen.

In Stockholm, the shopping is much, much cheaper ( 25% cheaper) . The only thing that would cost is the beer..if you want to save money in Scandinavia, then dont spend too much on drinks..

The city is trendy and it is easy to get around. Lots of water around and it is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. Just not get stuck in the street "drottninggatan" like all the tourists, too much of a crowd. You would find the same shops in other streets.

These are good shoppingstreets;

Sergelgatan, Kungsgatan, Hamngatan, Biblioteksgatan (bit more expensive shops), birger jarls gatan.....

Good malls; Ahlens, NK, Sturegallerian, PUB, Gallerian

Dont miss out the "old city" in drottninggatan, nice place to stroll around and has nice swedish crafts, also some nice resturants. All tourists there.

Nice places were the locals would go to get a drink or a bite to eat would be around st: Eriksplan (take the subway)...you would need to walk around there to find a place to eat, many different resturants and coffeshops.

In Sweden we have a special system of eating cheap;

The lunchhours would be usually from 11-15 and you would get the food+drink and salad for around 65 kronor (9 USD).

There are also "afterwork beer", around 5 pm were you would get the beer for around 4USD.

Maybe this would help you..

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
355 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: copenhagen/stockholm or prague/vienna

Greetings from Northern CA where it has felt like what I imagine Denmark is like this time of year.:)

Found your post because we are also planning a June trip. Have not been to Denmark or Sweden, but have been to Vienna twice.

Check out that forum for postings from Vertical or Roley; both are local Vienna/Salzburg experts with tons of good (and clever) advice.

We loved Vienna enough to return twice in one year if that tells you anything. However; we are classical music lovers which makes a difference.

From Vienna you can do (long) day trips to both Prague and Budapest. Both of my children visited Prague at that "end of college days age" and loved it. I think your daughter would also really like Budapest. The train system is quite cheap (no fancy passes, just buy tickets on the spot or maybe a day ahead).

Enough OT chatter for a Stockholm forum huh?:)

4. Re: copenhagen/stockholm or prague/vienna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, August 17, 2009