We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

February in Stockholm

Which Stockholm hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
February in Stockholm

Spending Saturday/Sunday in Stockholm at start of February.

What can we expect in the way of weather? Any touist trips likely to be on them eg. cruises, bus tours? We are in our 50s - any suggestions?

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
353 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: February in Stockholm

Weather - cold, nasty. Be prepared for minus 3 - minus 10.

Cruises, no. They shut down in December, I think. But yes, I think Stockholm Sightseeing runs bus tours all year.

Central Stockholm still has plenty to offer all year. Don't really know what to suggest without knowing your interests, but there are numerous good museums.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
494 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: February in Stockholm

Definitely cold - last winter it went between -3 and -15 although -5 was pretty common. Not necessarily nasty as there was so much snow that we actually had a lot of crisp sunny days. You might be lucky with a boat trip. The sea freezes but they tend to keep a few shipping lanes ice free and last winter's timetable to Vaxholm (a nice easy archipelago trip) started on January 28th. Here's a link to one of the boat operators:

www.strommakanalbolaget.com/index-EN.htm

I always recommend the Vasa as my favourite museum and several other good museums are almost next door to it.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: February in Stockholm

Many thanks for your help.

Getting some warm clothes for Christmas!

4. Re: February in Stockholm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, August 20, 2009