We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Eve smorgasbord

NY
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Christmas Eve smorgasbord

My family and I are desperate to find a place to sample the julbord this Christmas Eve in Stockholm but so far have found the big spots to have been booked all year! can anyone offer a suggestion for a traditional dinner Christmas Eve that might not be on everyone's radar?

Thanks!

Stockholm
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Eve smorgasbord

Hi,

What is your budget? and what kind of places have you´ve been checking out that´s already been fully booked? I would be glad to help you!

NY
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Eve smorgasbord

I am travelling with my sister and father who's mother was from Sweden. First trip for us all so we would like somethinf special. I have tried the big ones being the Grand Hotel and the Opera. Other places have availabiltiy for dinner, but not with the traditional julbord which we would prefer. I would love to hear what you suggest.

Stockholm
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Eve smorgasbord

Hello again!

I´ve been doing some research for restaurants and the main problem seem to be that a lot of the restaurants are closed on Christmas Eve:(

However, these are a few suggestions for you:

Lisa på Udden( a great restaurant all year long,and they had places left on Christmas Eve when I checked today) , Restaurant Ulla Winbladh, Restaurant Hasselbacken- these are situated at Djurgården, a lovely place where you will easily find the Christmas spirit. Drottningholms Wärdshus( Close to Drottningholms castle) , Restaurants Café Gubbhyllan and Stora Gungan at Skansen- these are two really traditional places,however I don´t know if they will be open at Christmas Eve. I hope that you will find a place that suits your needs! Good luck!

NY
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Eve smorgasbord

Thank you so much for all your help! Some of these i have heard of and will check them out. I'm sure one of these will work out. Thank you again!

5. Re: Christmas Eve smorgasbord

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, August 20, 2009