We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arlanda Express with lots of luggage?

Which Stockholm hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cologne
Level Contributor
286 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Arlanda Express with lots of luggage?

We arrive at Arlanda airport with heavy camera equipment and lots of it. How far is it to take the express train to the city center from where we get off the airplane? I was thinking we will have to take a taxi because we can't carry 75 kilos around with us very far (two people). What do you think?

London
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
1,724 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arlanda Express with lots of luggage?

You should definitely take a taxi, doesn't cost much extra. See the FAQ section.

r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,958 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Arlanda Express with lots of luggage?

cheryldecaf,

At the airport there are elevators and escalators to the train platform.

at the train station i forget how its setup.

the AE trip is approx 20 mintues.

Edited: 9:34 pm, April 04, 2014
Cologne
Level Contributor
286 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arlanda Express with lots of luggage?

Can someone tell me how much it costs to the city center with the train and how much with a taxi? I have to justify taking the taxi to the client who looks at every penny. And I leave tomorrow. Thanks!

Mjolby, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arlanda Express with lots of luggage?

The train costs 490 SEK for a return ticker per person or 260 SEK for a one way ticket. Taxi starts at around 500 SEK one way so it will work about the same as the train for a return trip.

And taxi will be so much easier with loads of luggage. Stick to the major vendors like Taxi Stockholm, Kurir or 020. Avoid unmarked ones, taxi market is unregulated in Sweden so some drivers will charge whatever they like more or less. But stick to the ones above and you'll be fine.

5. Re: Arlanda Express with lots of luggage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 07, 2015