We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Stockholm in July

Montevideo, Uruguay
9 posts
Save Topic
3 days in Stockholm in July

Hi,

My girlfriend and I are traveling to Denmark, Sweden and Norway on July, and are staying in Stockholm for 3 days.

Which would you say are the essentials, the "do not miss" highlights? I've been looking at tripadvisor.com/Guide-g189852-l267-Stockholm… and found it very useful, but still would like some opinions. Where to eat? Where to shop? Which is the best way to get around, given that we're not driving?

Well, that's all for starters :) Thank you!

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days in Stockholm in July

Stockholm is an excellent city for walking and where you feet fails you, you can use the busses/subway. There is a 72 h metro/buscard I would buy, here is a link with some information : sl.se/Global/…SL_Biljettinfo_Eng.pdf.

Where are you staying?

I would recommend seeing the changing of the guards and then wander of in the old town (Gamla Stan) area and sit by the water just people watching (Kungsträdgården also excellent for people watching).

Even though I like the Vasa Museum I think I would skip it (as you are here only 3 days) and instead opt for Skansen (http://www.skansen.se/en/kategori/english) and then maybe spend an evening at Gröna Lund. You can only pay the entrance fee for Gröna Lund(entry fee 110 SEK per person and does not include the rides) and just soak in the atmosphere and eat too much cotton candy. If you check there schedule for entertainment you might even catch some nice music on the side. There have been also previously some free salsa lessons etc. on certain Fridays which can be quite fun to experience.

What do you want to shop? Vintage/designer/scandinavian brands/ chain?

A nice place for a good burger is the Flippin Burger in Odenplan/Vasastan. http://flippinburgers.se/ site only in Swedish but you can get the feeling of it in the pictures and the address.

In Södermalm I would recommend just hanging out in the Medborgarplatsen area, several nice terraces and a laid back feeling.

Why don't you start pinpointing some points of interest with the help of google maps and start from there and then ask more questions as they come? :)

Edited: 7:33 am, March 17, 2014
2. Re: 3 days in Stockholm in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 19, 2015