We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late Sept too late for outdoor cafes?

Which Stockholm hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Late Sept too late for outdoor cafes?

I was in Stockholm in July and had a great time. I loved the outdoor cafes that line many of the streets.

I'd like to go back, but late Sept will be the earliest. Have the outdoor cafes and such closed for the season by then?

From what I can research, the days should be warm enough, but chilly at night.

Level Contributor
81 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late Sept too late for outdoor cafes?

I can't help you with your question about Sept, but I'm wondering if you could suggest a couple of your favorites. I'm headed to Stockholm soon. Thanks.

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late Sept too late for outdoor cafes?

Hi joyce ch,

Sorry, but I can't recall any names.

There were many, many nice locations along Drottninggatan (the pedestrian shopping street) and in the Kungstrad-garden (a very nice park that extends to the waterfront).

We would just find a nice place and sit and enjoy the scenery. This was our first visit when the outdoor cafes were open and it was quite nice.

We were wondering when the "outdoor" season ends for cafes and dining.....checked the historical data for temps in Stockholm, and it might be OK in late Sept, but perhaps there is not enough business to keep the outside areas open.

Have a great time. Stockholm is a beautiful city.

Stockholm
Level Contributor
4 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late Sept too late for outdoor cafes?

Most of the outdoor restaurants will still be serving then. A lot of them have some sort of heating, infra-red or gas. It can be too cold to sit out even with the heating on though, particularly later on in the evening.