We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

X2000 Train Tickets - Copenhagen to Stockholm

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
8 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
X2000 Train Tickets - Copenhagen to Stockholm

I have gotten train info from the Swedish rail sight (www.sj.se) concerning reservations on the X2000 train between Copenhagen and Stockholm, but they will only mail tickets within Scandinavia. Does anyone know how to book and receive tickets in the US ahead of time. I have contacted www.swedenbooking.com but they have not responded to email or fax.

Mentioned in this post
Copenhagen
Copenhagen
Zealand, Denmark
Stockholm
Stockholm
Stockholm County, Sweden
Level Contributor
203 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: X2000 Train Tickets - Copenhagen to Stockholm

One would think this could be done quite easily... but when I tried to do this 2 years ago it seemed to be excessively difficult. I even went through a travel agence (STA) that specializes in providing European rail passes. I finally gave up and just bought the ticket in Scandinavia. Sorry I can't be more help.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
134 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: X2000 Train Tickets - Copenhagen to Stockholm

When I buy SJ tickets on the net:

The same day as departure i go to the station to find a a SJ ticket machine - I let the machine read my credit card which I made the booking from - and then I get the ticket printed.

I guess you could do like this?

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
8 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: X2000 Train Tickets - Copenhagen to Stockholm

Thank you for your suggestions. I also reached www.eurorailways.com which has an office in the US and they also could not book the tickets and said to buy them at the train station. The reason I was booking ahead of time is because the price is 1/3 if booked and paid. There will be 3 of us so it would have been about a $400. savings.

New England
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: X2000 Train Tickets - Copenhagen to Stockholm

I was looking for X2000 ticket information and was hoping to find it on TripAdvisor.

We did end up contacting www.swedenbooking.com - they responded via e-mail within an hour and were very helpful - right down to picking the seat I wanted.

They only charge a 100 SEK handling fee.

We picked the "JUST NU" Advanced ticket for first class and got a great deal.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: X2000 Train Tickets - Copenhagen to Stockholm

where on sj.se did you find info on the X2000 from Copenhagen to Stockholm? - I can't find it anywhere!!

(I'm only really looking for a price, so if anyone else can help...)

Mentioned in this post
Copenhagen
Copenhagen
Zealand, Denmark
Stockholm
Stockholm
Stockholm County, Sweden
Skutskar, Sweden
Level Contributor
2,598 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: X2000 Train Tickets - Copenhagen to Stockholm

Like this:

www.sj.se, choose "in English" up to the right.

Type in Köbenhavn H in the "from" box andStokholm in the "To" box and press "continue"

And onwards as any other booking site.

Worthington, Ohio
Level Contributor
46 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: X2000 Train Tickets - Copenhagen to Stockholm

Thanks for posting this info! I already bought our tickets and was hoping that when we got there I'd just put the credit card into one of the ticket machines and it would recognize the number and give me our tickets. But I didn't get to pick our seats or anything, in fact, my husband and 4 kids are spread out all over the place, which isn't going to be good for the other passengers...or us!

Skutskar, Sweden
Level Contributor
2,598 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: X2000 Train Tickets - Copenhagen to Stockholm

Sad to hear you got split up!

Are you goeing from Copenhagen?

Try to be there a little early and with a bit of negotiation with the train host and fellow passengers I´m sure you can sit toghether.

Mentioned in this post
Copenhagen
Copenhagen
Zealand, Denmark
Stockholm
Level Contributor
308 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: X2000 Train Tickets - Copenhagen to Stockholm

For information on how to collect SJ tickets: www.sj.se/sj/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=5828&l=en

As Copenhagen is concerned there is one SJ ticket machine at the Cental Station (Hovedbangaard) and one at the airport. When making the reservation you get a code that you enter into the machine, which prints your tickets.

Mentioned in this post
Copenhagen
Copenhagen
Zealand, Denmark
dallas, tx
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: X2000 Train Tickets - Copenhagen to Stockholm

I was also trying to buy tickets at www.sj.se and when went to enter the credit card number it keep coming back saying the phone number was wrong. Did anyone else have this problem or is there a formate I am missing that the phone number should be put in?

Thanks for your help