We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airconditioned Hotel

Which Stockholm hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
481 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Airconditioned Hotel

My husband and I will be in Stockholm in late June. We need airconditioning just in case weather is hot. Any suggestions?

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,344 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airconditioned Hotel

As asked in your Copenhagen post. What is your definition of hot?

Stockholm in June varies from 11 degrees (nighttime) up to 21 degrees (daytime), with an average norm of 15.3 degrees. Last year temperatures varied from 11.1 to 20.2 degrees in June.

Most hotels will have a climate control system that both heats and cools. Usually one opens the window at night to get cool and fresh air into the bedroom.

Level Contributor
481 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airconditioned Hotel

Thank you for your response. I have been to Scandanavia before and am aware of the climate. I am extremely heat sensitve and unfortunately cannot tolerate temperatures that most people do not find uncomfortable. Because AC hotels are rare here I am hoping to find some suggestions here.

Lund, Sweden
Level Contributor
207 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airconditioned Hotel

There are plenty of hotels that offer air conditioning in Stockholm. At a quick glance, I find Radisson, Sheraton, Birger Jarl, Courtyard by Mariott, Hilton, Oden Hotel and Rival. I am sure there are more

They seem to have in common that they are rather up market hotels, though. I have not stayed at any of them so I cannot give any personal recommendations.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
101 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Airconditioned Hotel

You don't need for sure any AC. Keep window open at night

Beaufort, SC
Level Contributor
226 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airconditioned Hotel

Hotel Diplomat is air conditioned, as is Radisson Blu.

Level Contributor
481 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airconditioned Hotel

Thanks to all who made suggestions. I will look into these hotels.

7. Re: Airconditioned Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:08 am, February 14, 2014
8. Re: Airconditioned Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, February 09, 2015