We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

copenhagen bergen stockholm helsinki in 6 days

Which Stockholm hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
copenhagen bergen stockholm helsinki in 6 days

crazy idea, is it possible arr in Copenhagen 2pm 26 may , fly Bergen , fly Stockholm, ferry Helsinki by 31 may

.i guess its possible but is it worth it ?coming from Australia the feeling is I may only pass this place once .

am by myself and like architecture design art , and quaint beautiful countryside ,hence Bergen

would I be better to see 2 places only, well ??

help, also am in 70s early only and fit

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,114 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: copenhagen bergen stockholm helsinki in 6 days

Extremely rushed of course, you´ll only have a glimpse of each city and a very few selected sights.

For a countryside excursion, an organized fjord tour from Bergen, a castle tour from Copnhagen, or a skerries boat excursion from Stockholm are probably the best options.

Bergen has a reputation for rainy weather, though. Helsinki has the reputation for least sights and scenery, dare I say it.

Use very central hotels for a minimum of wasted time. Cheap flights from www.norwegian.com and www.flysas.com ,among others. Stockholm airports vary as regards the travelling distance to the city centre.

Edited: 12:56 pm, January 01, 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
435 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: copenhagen bergen stockholm helsinki in 6 days

Maybe you should skip Helsinki; there are things to see, but the other cities are more interesting.

Sweden
Level Contributor
187 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: copenhagen bergen stockholm helsinki in 6 days

Bergen and the fjords are magnificent. Don't miss those sights.

Even though I enjoy visiting Helsinki I do agree with other posters that Helsinki might be the town to skip if you're short of time.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: copenhagen bergen stockholm helsinki in 6 days

thanks so much for info , all helps to make decision .,going to reduce Helsinki for starters as so much in Stockholm and Copenhagen , still weighing up Bergen , maybe have to come back

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: copenhagen bergen stockholm helsinki in 6 days

thanks again for all help

like the sound of skerries ,

if I don't go to Bergen where else is close to see fiords.

is it fabulous to go over oresond bridge

so exciting

6. Re: copenhagen bergen stockholm helsinki in 6 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:36 pm, January 01, 2014
Edited: 5:36 pm, January 01, 2014
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,114 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: copenhagen bergen stockholm helsinki in 6 days

Bergen is probably the best option for a fjord look, also as a transport hub, but Stavanger is nice too, however the Prekestolen hike is not very easy, and count a day for it, where you can get a glimpse of Old Stavanger town in the evening, I guess, since it isn´t that big.

Oslo doesn´t have big fjord scenery.

You might consider the Norway in a Nutshell tours, which tend to get good reviews (there´s a quite short trip Oslo - Bergen there too).

For the Øresund bridge views, I´d strongly recommend the bus crossing (also cheaper) rather than the trains, which go underneath the road surface. But Malmö isn´t that important if compared to CPH.

May I recommend ascending the tower of the Church of Our Saviour / Vor Frelsers Kirke in Copenhagen for another, unique view experience, loaded with cultural history too. Among other things, it served as stage in a Jules Verne story ;-).

Edited: 5:38 pm, January 01, 2014
Virginia
Level Contributor
344 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: copenhagen bergen stockholm helsinki in 6 days

I'd almost suggest just doing Stockholm and Bergen so you can see both a city and the fjords. I love Copenhagen, but I love Stockholm even more, and they do have quite a few similarities.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: copenhagen bergen stockholm helsinki in 6 days

Thanks to everybody for advice so good to get different ideas

Can really clarify planning and planning is so much fun

Can you get good views if travelling from Copenhagen to Gothenburg on oresund train ? Was thinking of connecting there to fast train to Stockholm?

10. Re: copenhagen bergen stockholm helsinki in 6 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:45 pm, January 03, 2014
Edited: 2:45 pm, January 03, 2014